1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aria & Aria Pro II Club (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ryan L., Aug 3, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jay tay

jay tay

Aug 12, 2009
    Manchester UK
    Hey man, I'll keep my eyes peeled for it, I've just moved to Sheffield, and if I see anything I'll let you know!

2. jay tay

jay tay

Aug 12, 2009
    Manchester UK
    here is my Aria pro ii Magna series, fretless five string!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Brian D

Brian D

Dec 2, 2004
    Dublin, Ireland
    That certainly looks like an Elite II to me. The R-80 had a plastic truss rod cover and chrome hardware. I don't think it came in pearl white either.

4. Brian D

Brian D

Dec 2, 2004
    Dublin, Ireland
    A guy on HC kindly sent me some ORIGINAL! Aria Pro II headstock transfers that he received from Aria in the 80's. Pretty damn nice of him. I'm gonna use them in a few projects I have planned.

Here's a bad photo, i'll take a better one later. The transfers are gold so it's kinda hard to get a good shot.

[​IMG]

:cool:

5. gafbass02

gafbass02

Nov 9, 2005
    cheltenham uk
    Thats exactly what id figured, nice to have it confirmed, dont think its makes much difference per se. Im just curious really, Werent they basiclly the same bass? scuse my ignorance lol!
    Cheers boss!

6. acp0671

acp0671

Aug 1, 2009
    That is most definitely an Elite 2. I had a 1986 version of that bass in pearl white until a couple of months ago.

7. fitzy73

fitzy73

Mar 1, 2008
    Aria Cardinal Black & Gold which i just won this off ebay .have not got it yet ,as you can see it needs a bit of work. looking forward to getting my hands on it. if anyone can tell me the bridge measurements it would be great .i think there are the same as any SB .

Attached Files:

8. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My Aria Pro II MAB-20/5. My main Bass. I got her for £150 many years ago. She's a plain old bird, bless 'er, but I love her to bits.

9. jay tay

jay tay

Aug 12, 2009
    Manchester UK
    Yay another Magna series player... I love mine to, I think I paid £200 for her about ten years ago! she had the same body shape as your's before I modified her with an orbital sander!

10. ZanaZulu807

ZanaZulu807 Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2007
    I'm interested in buying an SB-CB, its the cheapest of the SB-1000 series at $1279, but according to a few on here it seems to be highly inferior tone wise to the vintage SB's and current models.

Folks here speak of a nasally, dark, distinctive tone with the vintage and higher priced SB's, has anyone played/owned the SB-CB and how does is it compare with the vintage models? Or should I just shell out more for the SB-1000RI or discontinued SB-1000CB. Thanks in advance.

11. 1986 aria Pro II "The Cat Bass" here.

Beat to hell and and still playable.

Great neck though.

12. ZanaZulu807

ZanaZulu807 Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Thanks, but I've seen that review and it seems like the only SB-CB review I can find. I'm looking for a bit more info tone wise on the SB-CB as I would like to start on the SB-1000 series with a somewhat reasonable price and without going used. Hands on info of the SB-1000RI would be great as well.

13. thejrace

thejrace

Oct 3, 2008
    NYC
    What are the controls on any these guys? Trying to figure out how to wire up my aria.

14. Sharkman

Sharkman

Apr 23, 2004
    Portugal
    [​IMG]

My MAB-40.

Bought new, early 90's, repainted, reshaped, refinished, upgraded bridge and pickups, defretted, upgraded electronics and pickups and repainted in 2009.

Still Rocking!

15. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    my friends dad has a Aria PRo II ZZB i always play when i am over. Last week he hung it on the wall and it fell taking a huge chunk out of the body like a quarter size.

16. Brian D

Brian D

Dec 2, 2004
    Dublin, Ireland
    Got some bad news folks... Graeme's SB pages are gone. The account seems to be terminated. I tried contacting him by email but thats gone too. So... I'm going to build a new SB site. Watch this space!!! ;)

17. BloodySlayer

BloodySlayer

Sep 23, 2009
    Can anybody direct me towards some used Arias online? I can't seem to find any, probably because I don't know where to look. But any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

By the way, I'm trying to avoid buying Korean models(otherwise I would just purchase one new).

18. Rip

Rip

Aug 18, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Battle Scarred and plays like a dream :bassist:

[​IMG]

19. Brian D

Brian D

Dec 2, 2004
    Dublin, Ireland
    Ebay.com
    Craigslist.com