1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aria & Aria Pro II Club (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ryan L., Aug 3, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alembic83

Alembic83 Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Salem, Oregon
    Land of the Rising Sun! I've been there a few times and also got some from shops online. digimart.net, j-guitar.com, tcgakki.com...BTW, nice to see you're getting close to restoring the Integra 5! I also have an Integra that I am thinking of loading with some 'half functioning' SB pickups. They worked well enough in parallel mode, but when it was switched to series, they would be half dead...So I think if I use the two of them together, just in parallel mode, it should be fine.

Brian D., have you seen the Aria catalog from '89 on the Aria USA site? It has specs for your model of Elite...This '89 catalog was a missing link for me. The SB-1200, the LTD (Alembic pups), the Elite and several Integra models...Here is the page with the Elite:
    http://ariausa.com/Archive/cp_apII_1989_03.html

2. AbsoluteFunk

AbsoluteFunk

Sep 20, 2009
    Pauly C
    hi everyone,

ive wanted an sb for ages and although a 1000 is my final goal have a look at my sb elite I . she was a bit battered when i got her so stripped the paint and waxed it made up new electronics with PASSIVE 6 position rotary tone selector that i designed myself (bassed on the 1000 tone control system ) and it works and sounds fantastic.... then half of the pick up died ( common aparently lol) so gotta source a new one prob from pickup wizard or kent A..
    but anyway before and after pictures for you.
    :)

Attached Files:

3. thejrace

thejrace

Oct 3, 2008
    NYC
    That stinks man. If you dont mind me asking what were the options for the rotary switch? I think im sending in my integra the end of next week to get kent to make me a new set of pups and have been trying to figure out how to wire them.

4. Nice...

5. Alembic83

Alembic83 Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Salem, Oregon
    That's a great job, man! How did you strip the paint, anyway? Chemical or just with a sander? Did you make a new Aria Pro II logo or somehow salvage the old one? If you can, I'd definitely like to see some pics of the electronics you designed and more closeups of the bass! And yes, it's common for those pickups to crap out. I have 3 'half dead' ones and one totally dead one. Pretty soon I will have the dead one cut open to see what's going on inside, and if they can be fixed...

6. thejrace

thejrace

Oct 3, 2008
    NYC
    I'm glad im not the only one who is intrigued by his rotary switch. On another note, Im pretty sure Sami Yaffa is playing an aria here. Any idea whats model?

7. Winston TK

Winston TK Hairpiece Adventurer

Oct 8, 2001
    Burnaby, BC Canada
    That the Aria Pro II ZZB. It's sort of their Explorer style bass guitar. Great quality, though. It's still Matsumoku made.

8. thejrace

thejrace

Oct 3, 2008
    NYC
    Thanks for that mate. That blue burst makes me want one. umm... :ninja:

9. Basstovsky

Basstovsky The guy with the dumb username...

Feb 29, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I've always wanted a ZZB, despite being all pointy-like, they were well made, and with dual humbuckers with pole pieces set up like P-bass pickups they have such massive sound!

10. jasonr1970

jasonr1970

May 15, 2009
    Plain and Simple ..... I love this bass :D,
    it is a 1981 with the bat ear headstock (which i prefer to the later one ) these are built to last ,,rock solid. strung with Elixir lights , this ticks all the boxes for me , rock , blues , funk and soul brother :cool:....
    All original except for the control knobs which i would be interested in purchasing if anyone has any spare ones !!
    and an original case would be nice too ,,, been scanning evil bay but no joy ,,,

Attached Files:

11. jasonr1970

jasonr1970

May 15, 2009
    :bassist:

Attached Files:

12. 40streng

40streng

Oct 24, 2009
    Hi there,I just bought a 1984 model Aria Pro II SB II Elite Phantom Metallic.It is in very good condition,exept for one thing:the bridge pickup is bad,it has a kind of distorted sound.The neck pickup is ok though.
    After searching the internet for information,I`ve learned that this pickups are called MB-II Double coil.
    I guess this are impossible to find this days,so my question to you is:what kind of pickups should I use to replace the original ones?

Ps:When searching for info about my bass,this site turned up and it looks like you guys knows what there has to be known about Aria basses.

Best regards from Trondheim,Norway:)

13. I have an Aria Pro II "The Cat Bass". An oldie but goodie. The neck is still awesome after all these years. The body could use a strip and paint job and new pickups. I've used this for years for numerous gigs.

Anyone else own one of these gems?

14. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    Hey guys, Im looking for advise on the SB-404.

How does it play, sound, feel, weigh, where was it made, etc.

I tried starting a thread about it but got nothing. Anyways, any advise would be useful!

15. Merky

Merky

Dec 8, 2008
    helo people. i need sum Quick advise here. Wat wud u concider a Serious and Sensible Offer for a Aria Gold n black? wat sorta price we talkin here?? Anyhelp!! :D many thanks yall!!

16. rooeeh

rooeeh

Apr 2, 2009
    Hi people, i have this Aria Pro II SB-700 Fretless and I want to know its price, can anyone tell me, please?
    It's from 1981, maybe that would help.
    Here are some pics:

Attached Files:

17. rifat

rifat

May 11, 2008
    hello matte!
    ee i`m kind a diggin to aria bass especialy the Precision copies
    and then i found is on sale on some local forum

here it goes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the condition is still original except the tuning machine has been changer into squier tuning

what i wanna ask

1.does this bass sound great?im searching for very wody tone like "thud" sound of paul mcarney

2.will this bass sound great on flatwound?

3.how much is normaly this bass price?

4.what do you think guy`s should i take it or leave it?

that all
    thanks need your guide matte

18. Brian D

Brian D

Dec 2, 2004
    Dublin, Ireland
    VERY VERY NICE! I'm diggin' the grain! :cool:

In current Aria news... my Elite II is a bit sick at the moment. It developed a funky buzzing round the neck that wasn't a fret buzz. I brought it out to a luthier a few weeks back, still waiting to hear how it is. :bawl:

19. edervjo

edervjo

Nov 19, 2009
    Santa Rosa, Ca.
    Here's my baby, a 1980, custom body and nitrocellulose lacquer in '86 EMG upgrade in '09.

A true road warrior, check out the bridge and body scars, ain't no reproduction here!! SBrising.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.