1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown MAG C115-300 VS. MAG C410T-300

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by josbroek, Dec 27, 2009.

1. josbroek

josbroek

Jan 22, 2009
    belgium
    look, i've been wanting an amp with bigger volume, better tone,... for a while now and i think the Ashdown Mag series will suit my requirements perfectly, as they can be plugged into PA,...

but i've been looking @ the 1x15 and the 4x10,
    i just want the amp to have a deep, loud, punchy and driving tone :D

i play in a 'metal' band (we even play funk) with 2 gui****s.
    the problem is also that i want to go used with the MAG410 but my parents dont want that, so the MAG115 will suit my budget better.

so, what would you guys recommend??
    :help:

Attached Files:

2. refbassist

refbassist

Mar 3, 2007
    the 115 won't be loud enough,i have it and it's an excellent amp but if you intend tp play loud you have to ad another cab,also ashdowns are more into the deep side so don't expect whole lotta punch out of it!

3. JulienJeff

JulienJeff

Mar 1, 2009
    Belgium
    I've had a MAG 300 head with a 115 cab and it wasn't loud enough.
    The 410 should be punchier

4. josbroek

josbroek

Jan 22, 2009
    belgium
    ok i'd better buy the 410 then, but i searched everywhere across the internetz to find a used one that can be send to my house, because my parents dont want to spill oil or gas or whatever to drive to the seller :(

5. refbassist

refbassist

Mar 3, 2007
    where are you located and where have you been looking?

6. josbroek

josbroek

Jan 22, 2009
    belgium
    i'm located in belgium ( west-flanders )
    i've been looking on ebay, www.kapaza.be , www.2dehands.be
    i found a new one on ebay for 469€ + shipping
    i also checked musicstore, but ts 589€ for a new one

7. refbassist

refbassist

Mar 3, 2007
  8. josbroek

josbroek

Jan 22, 2009
    belgium
  9. refbassist

refbassist

Mar 3, 2007
    go for it then the amp is worth it!

10. josbroek

josbroek

Jan 22, 2009
    belgium
  11. MJKay92

MJKay92

Mar 28, 2009
    I own an Ashdown C210T-300 and have done for 3 months. Back when I bought it, the store I bought from had this model and also the C115 model, and I tried both.

If you play funk and metal I'm guessing you'll want a tweeter to project higher frequencies, particularly if you play with a pick or slap and pop. If this is the case I'd avoid the C115 as I found the lack of a tweeter made the amp less suited to this genre. The tone was deep enough, but the higher mids and treble were weaker and I wasn't keen on the sound. The C210T sounded well balanced and I imagine the C410T would do as well. If you're playing a 5 or 6 string bass I'm not sure if the speakers will handle low B notes or not, in this case the C115 may be the better option.

I would check the weights of the combo amps seeing as they don't have casters. C410T-300 weighs in at 44kg. C210T-300 is 35kg (I can carry mine short distances alone, otherwise I ask a bandmate to help carry it) and C115T-300 is 28kg. I think you should consider the C210T for this reason - It's loud enough. I'm able to run it at 12 o'clock master volume at gigs (PA support obviously) and hear it well.

Hope this helps :)

12. josbroek

josbroek

Jan 22, 2009
    belgium
    thanks, this helped alot, but the 410 weighs only 35 from what i've read, and i play a 4 string, so the low B's wont be an issue.
    so now i have to convince my parents :)

13. refbassist

refbassist

Mar 3, 2007
    no it weighs 44 but you have handls at least.
    http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?ID=79

14. josbroek

josbroek

Jan 22, 2009
    belgium
  15. the 4x10 setup might about cut it for you. The 15 version is hopeless keeping up in a loud setting, but the 2x10 is a little better, maybe the 4x10 will be just about enough if you don't want big lows (the lower the frequencies the more power it takes to power them and the better designed a speaker/enclosure has to be to project them).

I'd heavily recommend NOT getting the combo though, combos of that size are a pain in the arse to move about, try and find the head and separate cab, much more useful for when you have gigs with backline cabs you have to use too.

16. josbroek

josbroek

Jan 22, 2009
    belgium
    i dont know about that, cause it has a DI output for the PA, so why would you need backline cabs?? and the mobility is no problem for me, as my bandmates are glad to help :D

17. refbassist

refbassist

Mar 3, 2007
    or you can get the 115 and then add a 410 cab like me so you have both worlds..

18. josbroek

josbroek

Jan 22, 2009
    belgium
    that would be too expensive :)

19. refbassist

refbassist

Mar 3, 2007
    you will endup payine about 600 something for both!

20. josbroek

josbroek

Jan 22, 2009
    belgium
    but i can still add a 115 later on the 410 combo, cant i?