1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ashdown MAG115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mullet0909, Nov 30, 2006.

1. mullet0909

mullet0909

Oct 24, 2006
    Louisiana
    Ok so i hav a MAG410 and i love the blue speakers. I was thinking of getting a 15" cab to accomany it and what would be a greater match than a MAG115? So Does it have a good sound? i like mmy 410 and my local GC doesnt care ashdown. so describe it for me. What cabnets would it compare to or sound similar to?

2. warswr

warswr

Oct 21, 2006
    hey! im wondering the same thing. My Ashdown 410 is great, I really wanna get a 1x15, but I havent been able to find any of opinions on it.

3. mullet0909

mullet0909

Oct 24, 2006
    Louisiana
    at least im not alone. so how do you like ur 410? i really think that the whole blue speaker think was a fabulous marketing idea. not only does it look cool but we are now matching our cabinets by color rather than sound. hats off to ashdown.

4. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    I tried the mag 810 and thought it was pretty sweet for the price. The mag series seem to be a great deal. I would try to demo a second 410 along with a 15 to see which combo sounds better to your ears. A second 410 might be more "bang for the buck" then adding a 15 cab.

5. I have the MAG115 - good value for money 1x15. It has no tweeter and is ported, not the most efficient or clearest 15 on the market, but it is light and gets the job done well - I don't recommend it for use without a 410, as it rolls off a bit in the top end and lacks that tweeter sparkle... good if you are looking for a slightly more vintage sound IMO

6. mullet0909

mullet0909

Oct 24, 2006
    Louisiana
    well it not having a tweeter is definitely a negative.

7. sometimes not having a tweeter can be very usefull for certain sounds. Anyway its not gonna be as a stand alone cab, so having a tweeter at the other cab would be just fine!

8. mullet0909

mullet0909

Oct 24, 2006
    Louisiana
    i would like to use it by itslelf sometimes tho. or just used it as convenience of moving it.

9. Bone

Bone

Oct 28, 2006
    Do it. You'll love it. Gives that low end woof to compliment the punch of the 410. The 1 tweeter is all you need. I used the same set up with a UK mag 250 head(300 watts). Plus it gets that 410 up off the floor where you can hear it. They're light and cheap, it's worth a try. Just be sure if your running 2 cabs that the ohm rating is correct. If the amp Can run a 4 ohm load make sure your cabs are each 8 ohms I don't know what power amp your using but I'm pretty sure the mag cabs are 8 ohm.

10. mullet0909

mullet0909

Oct 24, 2006
    Louisiana
    yeah they are 8 ohm. i already checked into that.

11. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    I just got a second hand 1x15 deep to use as a standalone with my MB SA450. only done the one gig so far but i like it.
    Ive been using a 1210 for the last 9 months and i really missed the punch and volume i got from that but i have always liked 1x15. as its rated at 250watts 8ohms its a good match for my MB SA450
    Im not going to keep it for long and i do need a louder cab but for the few smallish gigs ive got it for it will work well.
    As pointed out it is a more vintage sounding cab though. i did find it quite lacking in punch as well but like i said, im used to the 1210.