1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

AudioKinesis Cabs Part VI...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Thor, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Michael Vee

Michael Vee Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Excellent pics, Lowendtech.. thank you! That is a nice looking setup.

So the entire depth of the BB800 fits between the slots.. none of the slots are covered by the feet or the entire head!

It's good to have the option of putting the rear feet in the handle recess and tilting the cab back. Hey- I have an Ampwedge also!

That head and the C112/T are made for each other. Dimension-wise, and also soundwise, from what I'm reading in this thread.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    DukeLeJeune and Lowendtech like this.
  2. Correct. I have this exact combination and it's fantastic.

3. DukeLeJeune

DukeLeJeune rational romantic mystic cynical idealist Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 24, 2008
    Princeton, Texas
    Owner & designer, AudioKinesis; Auth. mfg, Big E (Home Audio only)
    Just got back from a home audio trade show in Denver a couple of days ago. Gotta knock out one big order before Monday and then I'm "back in the saddle" and working only on getting bass cab orders filled. I thank you all for your patience!

slagheap, tombowlus, loopee and 17 others like this.
  4. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    @DukeLeJeune no need to rush at all on mine. Playing an outdoor but quiet jazz set this weekend and the one Hathor 1544 is plenty.

DukeLeJeune and Al Kraft like this.
  5. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    Just wanted to pop in and say how much I still love my TC212 after the first "honeymoon" period and what a pleasure it has been talking with Duke, it's not every day you come across such a gentle, knowledgeable and honest human being, especially when money is involved. Those who have already dealt with him already know it, but in case anyone reading this is considering an AK cab, don't sweat it - he makes the best cabs I've tried AND is a wonderful guy to deal with, you can't ask for anything else really. This is as good as it gets.

6. bassminstrel

bassminstrel

Jul 8, 2011
    Normally I play bass, but tonight I had my first full band rehearsal playing electric cello. It sounded fantastic through my Changeling cab! Thanks again Duke!

7. DukeLeJeune

DukeLeJeune rational romantic mystic cynical idealist Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 24, 2008
    Princeton, Texas
    Electric cello?? Sweet!!

Just curious - do you remember the switch settings and port pluggage you used?

bassminstrel and wave rider like this.
  8. bassminstrel

bassminstrel

Jul 8, 2011
    I had all three switches up, and all three ports plugged. I may play around with those settings at the next practice, but it sounded really good like that.

dukeorock and DukeLeJeune like this.
  9. DukeLeJeune

Nov 24, 2008
    Princeton, Texas
    Thanks, that makes sense.

You might just try bottom (midrange smoothy/grindy) switch down ("smoothy"). Not saying that would necessarily sound better but it might, and it's easily reversible.

bassminstrel, wave rider and Al Kraft like this.
  10. bassminstrel

bassminstrel

Jul 8, 2011
    I tried the bottom switch down last night to practice, and it sounded great. So this morning when I practiced with the band, I left the switch down. It only stay down for one song though. I couldn't hear myself at all, so I flipped the bottom switch back up, and instantly I cut through again. It is really amazing that you can flip a switch on a cabinet and make that kind of tonal difference. So my first performance on electric cello sounded pretty good . Thanks again Duke!

11. otto B

otto B Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Fort Bliss Texas
    So I finally got the the cab I was looking for, the TC112 V1. I am looking for a good amp to match it. Has anyone tried the Aguilar AG700 with the TC112?

DukeLeJeune likes this.
  12. I don't have the TC112, but I use my AG700 with the Hathor 1203. The EQ points are fantastic, really great for getting dialed into a room. It's really clean and clear, not a lot of character on its own, so you might want some sort of preamp pedal if you have a particular flavor that you like. I prefer a neutral sounding amp and use my Two Notes Le Bass to get my preamp tone, so I'm happy as a clam with mine. I've only used it once without my board, and I was happy with the tone I got but not ecstatic.

13. otto B

otto B Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Fort Bliss Texas
    I appreciate the feedback, I am leaning toward that amp.

14. DukeLeJeune

Nov 24, 2008
    Princeton, Texas
    Thank you for letting me know! Glad there was a switch setting that worked well - I wasn't sure which it would be, but apparently it was pretty obvious!

bassminstrel likes this.
  15. Low Key

Low Key Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Chicago
    I'm having trouble finding a cab cover. I will be getting a Hathor 1506 relatively soon, which has the same dimensions as the 1505. I looked at Tuki, Studio Slips, Custom Amp Covers, and Le Cover. None of them list a cover for the H1505 or H1506. The closest I saw was a Hathor 1544, but I'm not sure if that is the same size as the 1505/6.

Any other suggestions to try?

16. PDGood

PDGood Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    You just send them dimensions and they will make it the size you need. That's how those other sizes became available. (I don't mean that to sound snarky. When I read it back it kinda sounds that way, but that's not my intention. That's just how it works)

P.S. Don't forget measurements for the location of the holes where the handles are.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    Al Kraft and Low Key like this.
  17. maisbass

maisbass Supporting Member Supporting Member

May 5, 2010
    NYC
    Yes as @PDGood stated.

A few years back when I first bought my Hathor 1203's I sent Tuki the measurements. They made two for me and then added it to their website. I told them a lot of TB'ers would be requesting them soon.

sonofshel, Low Key and PDGood like this.
  18. PDGood

PDGood Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    I've contributed measurements for the TC-115 wide and TC-112. I think one was with Le Cover and the other was Tuki but am not sure. Would be nice if we made a list of all the known sizes of covers and where to buy them.

Low Key and maisbass like this.
  19. maisbass

maisbass Supporting Member Supporting Member

May 5, 2010
    NYC
    Nice. I guess I have you to thank for my TC-112 cover. I love that cab. It's my favorite cab! I have version 1.

TomB and PDGood like this.
  20. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    All this talk about covers sounds like a good opportunity to lend a helping hand to @DukeLeJeune

Duke, if you send me one each of all of your cabs I'll work with all of the cover makers to get the dimensions and take care of test fitting the covers. It's the least I can do!

Oh, and I went with LeCover for my Changeling 112T. Love it. I wanted something other than black and LeCover is the only place I found that offers different colors in padded covers.