1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

AudioKinesis Cabs Part VI...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Thor, Jun 3, 2013.

1. mexicanyella

mexicanyella

Feb 16, 2015
    Yes, and thank you. This has been an entertaining and educational thread to follow, populated by smart, funny people.

If you don’t mind me asking, does “fourstr00” imply an interest in motorcycles that don’t rely on oil in their fuel for lubrication?

DukeLeJeune and fourstr00 like this.
  2. McFarlin

McFarlin Supporting Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Austin, TX
    farts

3. steubig

steubig

Jul 17, 2001
    locustland, ca
    agreed. one of the 3-4 threads that i follow here.

monsterthompson likes this.
  4. steubig

steubig

Jul 17, 2001
    locustland, ca
    does anyone in the los angeles area have an ak 15?

5. mexicanyella

mexicanyella

Feb 16, 2015
    I wish someone in the St. Louis area had a AK 15. I’d love to try a 1505 or -06 someday.

6. mexicanyella

mexicanyella

Feb 16, 2015
    Lemme guess: Fraternal Association of Raving Thunderchild Sycophants?

7. looper

looper

Apr 11, 2006
    MPLS
    1505 is my new (to me) favorite cab!

mexicanyella likes this.
  8. fourstr00

fourstr00

Mar 21, 2002
    Chicago Area
    It does! Big into anything with two wheels, both motorized and non.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    Lowendtech and mexicanyella like this.
  9. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    As a card carrying AK heavily slanted asskissing fanboy I’m feeling unappreciated.

10. 3rdcurve

3rdcurve Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Sullivan, MO
    I was lucky enough to try an original H1505 and it was phenomenal. A pair would be devastating.

mexicanyella likes this.
  11. Lowendtech

Lowendtech Happily trending in my own peculiar direction. Supporting Member

I resemble that remark. Been in the Motorcycle industry since 1986 and riding since ‘82

12. been_effected

been_effected

Mar 18, 2007
    Yeah, it's nice when you find a quite corner of the internet with intelligent people. Definitely worth appreciating.

13. McFarlin

McFarlin Supporting Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Just trying to right the vessel after those few preceding posts.

14. irbass

irbass

Jun 16, 2011
    Charlotte - NC
    Hello Bass players.

I did send an email to duke, with a few newbie questions, but no answer yet.
    I sent it before I could find the club, and reading here I found out he’s having problem with Yahoo emails. Maybe he’ll never get the email.

Any help, will be great.

I’m interested on 2 - H1203 or Maybe the H212 but at the same time i got the dilema of a few people.
    TC112 Vs H1203. I did read his website, and I’m reading here slowly as much as i can, but it’s long.

I don’t like voiced cabs, ( I mean, Really voiced )
    But the dumb question is: How voiced is it the H1203?? Can it go more natural??

Another newbie question:
    If i do Mix 1 TC112 and 1 H1203 do i get phase cancelation from each other???

Tks

15. fourstr00

fourstr00

Mar 21, 2002
    Chicago Area
    H1203 isn’t that voiced. Top switch up, bottom switch down, ports closed, it’s pretty neutral, at least to my ears.

irbass likes this.
  16. nutdog

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    Hey, I stopped by your place once and bought a bass. I don’t get to CLT as often these days but next time I’ll let you know if you want to demo a 1203.

irbass likes this.
  17. nutdog

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    And to answer your question the 1203 mids are more pronounced but very natural, even in grind mode. The TC’s I had (212, 115AFWide) were more polite and had more top end. A bit too much treble for me. They almost seemed scooped but in reality were probably very even and I just like more mids.

I’ve never mixed but I recall others doing so with pleasing results.

smperry and irbass like this.
  18. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

My reply pasted from the other AK thread:

I've been using a TC115 for almost six years. My gigs now are in locations where the TC115 is physically too large. I recently took delivery of a 1203 and have used it on two gigs.

If I'm in "cork sniffing" mode, the TC115 is transparent while the 1203 is colored. Both in a good way.

If I'm in "reality; let's get the job done" mode, I could use either cabinet on any of my gigs equally as well.

If I was going to amplify anything in addition to bass (keys, drums, etc.), I'd get a TC. For just bass, I'd probably get a Hathor. And I'd let the volume you need dictate which size or how many cabs you get.

irbass likes this.
  19. Ken Lloyd

Ken Lloyd Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2004
    Portland, Maine
    And there's also the H1203 Tall to consider. That was my 2nd AK cab, first was the Changeling 112 which has the rear firing speakers. Both of these are my fave cabs, for different situations. For close stages with unusual footprint where you need somebody behind you to hear better, or you need a bigger sound on the stage, the C112 fits well (and there's a T also). And for a bigger sound, a little deeper that seems to me like better coverage in a room the H1203T is my fave. I've played some pretty loud pub-type gigs with the 1203T and it covers with ease.

For pairing and phasing the C112 and H1203T sound great together; no phase kinds of issues that I've noticed. That's my choice for outdoor gigs with or without a sound man. Other guys here have paired other AK combinations and they'll chime in I'm sure.

And welcome to AK joy! Duke builds great bass cabs. You'll be pleased once you make your selection and wait for the arrival.

wave rider and irbass like this.
  20. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    I have had a TC212 and I currently have a Hathor Changeling 1533. The TC was amazing but extremely reference like. Pretty much zero voicing. It was not the right cab for me even though it sounded incredible. The hathor on other hand is voiced but it is minor and it does not change your natural tone to the extent that you lose your instruments natural flavour. IMO anyways. As previously mentioned the TC is VERY smooth. Basically no grid whatsoever. I always use the grindy mid setting on my Hathor but it is certainly not over the top. With the mids set down without the grind it is a very smooth and clean cab.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    Lowendtech and irbass like this.