1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bananana MATRYOSHKA

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Spectrum, Aug 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. AngelCrusher

AngelCrusher Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2004
    Mesa Boogie, Tech 21, Taylor
    It's not going to be great as just an octaver honestly.

2. Seanbassplayer

Seanbassplayer

Oct 14, 2016
    Can this thing do sawtooth lead sounds? Also wondering how the filter setting sounds other than the dry/video game sound that was only shown in the manufacturers demo vid. Thanks

ExaltBass likes this.
  3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Damnit.

preordered. :*(

Lots of interesting possibilities in small box. Even if it has one or two good options it's a winner. Don't dig their graphic design though.

ExaltBass and Bo0tsy like this.
  4. BryanB

BryanB Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

I would dig a bigger box version with presets. Midi would be awesome.

ExaltBass likes this.
  5. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Honestly, even a 'standard' sized box would be a solid move. I won't be able to read any of the print once I'm on stage.

But really as long as there's one or two good sounds and I can let it stay set, I'm probably good. I'll be layering anything fun in with Divaricator/Xerograph and a few other things.

ExaltBass likes this.
  6. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    No. The -1 Octave Voice cannot be added to just the clean voice, it only shows up when the Synth 1 or Synth 2 voices are up.

CunniMingus likes this.
  7. BigBeatNut

BigBeatNut

Apr 10, 2006
    London, UK
    {cough} Future Impact {cough}

Jonny5bass, BryanB, Flippy and 2 others like this.
  8. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

In what ways might this outpace a Digitech Dirty Robot(aside from size)? What does the DR have over it?

9. nbsipics

nbsipics Bass Plasma Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2016
    You guys just made me buy a Future Impact! Damn it, fooled again!
    Dirty secret: You guys are ALL on commission, aren’t ya!

wmmj, Jop vS, Jonny5bass and 2 others like this.
  10. Yeah, I wish!

ExaltBass likes this.
  11. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Just snagged one of these.
    Putzed with it, and gonna rock it at tonight’s gig.
    We’ll see how she does.

12. CunniMingus

CunniMingus

Jan 5, 2018
    Rome, Italy
    I've sent an email to Bananana Effects asking for infos about ordering a Matryoshka a week ago but no reply yet. I tried to contact them via Twitter (I don't use Facebook) but I wasn't able to find their Twitter page. Do you know how I can make contact with them?

13. adamaarts

adamaarts

Apr 19, 2001
    Corona, CA
    Beta tester Source Audio, demos/reviews of many others
    I’ve sent an email as well over a month ago and no reply.

14. TrevorOfDoom

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    well, you folks may be in luck, because I kinda think the pedal is a dud for me.
    I like a lot of the sounds. They're cool and funky and crazy, but I think i need something a bit more subtle.
    In my cover band, we do songs that had bass synth on the original recording. The Way You Make Me Feel, My Prerogative, Shoop, etc.
    I need a pedal to nail those tones, and I don't think the Matryoshka is quite subtle enough.
    Too fuzzy.
    I've got an octave, fuzz, and envelope filter on my board, but haven't been happy with any combination so far, so i thought I'd give this one a try.
    I'll putz some more with it, but it may end up back on the market in a week's time.
    I'll keep you posted.

BurningSkies likes this.
  15. TrevorOfDoom

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    In the meantime, if anyone has recommendations for a pedal that hits that classic 80's & 90's Pop bass synth tone, please let me know.

16. Ehx Bass Microsynth is the closest I've found.

17. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Yeah, if you're buying this pedal to replicate stuff found in another pedal, you're going to be disappointed. This one is a weirdity. I don't even really pay attention to the definitions of the sounds from the (very limited) documentation of the pedal. If you go into it thinking here's a lil' weirdo I can drop on my board and have a bit of a freakout, then you'll be in good shape.

18. AngelCrusher

AngelCrusher Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2004
    Mesa Boogie, Tech 21, Taylor
    I use a combo of an Octavbre, You're Doom and Proton for a more classic synth bass sound. Plus I use them individually at times as well. The tone is essentially like a Moog, if you are into that.

bass08053 likes this.
  19. TrevorOfDoom

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Yeah, but i had to try.
    Honestly, that demo video and subsequent purchase just gave me permission to chase this tone train, which i’d been procrastinating on.

BurningSkies likes this.
  20. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    So many pedals like this you can't really tell from YouTube demos...it just sounds like a bunch of muffled farts in a carpet lined can. Also might be worth trying a combo of other things, OC2 with detuning something, etc.