1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Band Van Broken Into! (NYC)

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by GeneralElectric, Sep 6, 2008.

1. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Our van was broken into last night in front of my house in Staten Island New York, between the hours of 4am and 12pm.

The whole back was cleaned out, here was what was inside:

Amps:
    (1) Bergantino NV610 cabinets in tolex. One of the cabs has a large tear on the left side, and both of them have rough edges on the vertical sides that were glued down and both have scuffs and nicks on them. They're in rough shape.

(1) Marshall 1960 TV cab with the slope front. Minor tears to the tolex, hole in the speaker grill cloth on the top left speaker. The two L's in the Marshall logo have been removed and it now says Marsha.

(1) Marshall JCM 800 head in NEW CONDITION. My guitar player just got this and now its gone. There is a sticker on the front panel of a smiley face.

(1) Ampeg SVT-VR head. USA made. Scuffs on the tolex and just general dirt. Doesn't turn on either (it may be advertised as broken!) because of a broken power tube.

Guitars:
    (1) Fender American Standard Precision Bass Olympic White, maple neck, tort guard. Looks new and is strung with GHS flats (purple winding) in Fender SKB case.

(1) Fender Stratocaster. New condition with an 05/06 serial number. Sunburst with mint guard 62 RI with tweed case with red interior.

(1) Fender Stratocaster. Classic Series. Blue with a white pickguard. Basic fender black gig bag. Has a star sticker on the head stock by the high E tuner.

Other:
    (3) Shure Beta 58 microphones all scratched up and one has a dent in the mesh on top.

(4) XLR-1/4" cables that are 25 feet each

(2) Blue instrument cables with neutrik ends (straight and an angled jack on each)

(3) 20' black Monster Cables

(1) Barber Linden EQ pedal

(1) Pedal board bag (black) with the following: Boss DD7, Boss RV5, Boss 0S-2, Boss AW-3, Boss CH-1, Boss CS-3, Ibanez Tube Screamer, Dunlop wah pedal

Any info on any of this popping up in the NY tristate email ImSuperPoor@aol.com, or TheKingHarvest@aim.com or message me here.

2. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Bump :meh:

3. Wow, I feel really bad for you, hopefully you manage to get some if not all of your stuff back.

Good luck :)

4. paganjack

paganjack

Dec 25, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
  5. ForestThump

ForestThump

Jun 15, 2005
    Paris
    Sorry to hear about the theft of your equipment.
    When touring or otherwise:
    Never leave guitars, pedals and mikes in any vehicle unattended
    Try to rent vans which open at the back only and when you have to park it unattended, do it with the back door to a solid wall.
    These bastards watch for bands loading out at clubs and follow the vehicle to see where it unloads.
    With all due respect, why was there so much gear left unattended for so long?

6. ouch! May a thousand biting horse flies find their way into the underpants of the theives that have stolen from you.

so sorry to hear about your gear......I have become paranoid and when playing out of town always bring the basses into the hotel with me.....we are easy targets.

7. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    The Van was broken into outside of my house. I live sorta in the ghetto. I fear it might be neighborhood people who have heard us practicing and decided to rip us off since most of my band lives here with me.
    I currently only have basses where I live and I keep them in my bedroom with the door triple locked. Going to invest in a security system soon.

:bawl:

8. palm grease

palm grease

Dec 10, 2007
    NYC
    wow bro!
    I'll def keep an eye peeled!

i gotta 2nd the no gear left in a van/trk/car over night... not matter how "lifted" one is! but that doesn't help ya now... sorry brotha! I feel for ya!

keep your eye on the local retailers... more then a few in the area!

9. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    oh man that sucks. Did you have a list of serials?

10. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    No idea about the guitarists stuff. I have the S/N of the 08 overhere. I'll post that in about 15 minutes when I find my notebook.:meh:

Didn't realize I didn't post that before.

No clue on the Ampeg or the Berg as I bought both used.

11. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    sorry for the loss. don't take this as an insult ;).... do you have insurance? if not, why don't you have insurance? good luck man!

12. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Really sorry to hear this.

People who steal suck.
    People who steal instruments from musicians doublesuck.

13. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Its not my van, so now I'm waiting for the guitar player's insurance to sort it out. He has Progressive IIRC.

Still trying to find my damn book.:meh:

14. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    damn book?

15. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Marble notebook where I keep important stuff like reciepts, serial numbers, etc. I've been keeping it since I got my first Am. Standard stolen earlier in the year.:meh:

16. chriskuff

chriskuff

Mar 4, 2008
    NYC
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, NS Design
    wow man. so sorry to hear that.

i just had two aguilar DB112's in tweed and a strat stolen out of the trunk of my civic. it sucks, but i cant even imagine what you guys are going through.

best wishes and i hope it gets found.

shaolin represent.

17. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    UPDATE: Marshall head and cabinet as well as one of the guitars was located last week.

Someone put up an ad for a complete guitar setup.

The guitar player has filed a complaint against the guy who claims to have bought it at a flea market. :eyebrow: Hopefully the police will sort this out and hopefully this will lead to more of our stuff being returned.

18. PanDeVida85

PanDeVida85

Nov 10, 2008
    Miami, FL
    Check any local pawn shops? and fleas are easy places to get rid of stolen property! Hope this helps!

19. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    any news?

20. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I picked up the SVT-VR head a short while after they investigated (I use that term loosely) the guy who we picked up some of the guitar players gear from. Turns out, he stole it and sold most of it.

At the time of posting, its unclear as to how many other people there were (seems doubtful he did it all by himself, because if he did, I got a job for him) or what the course of action is concerning our lost stuff. I'm thinking its lost forever.