1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

bass effect pedal modding

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassman040, Oct 29, 2006.

1. A couple of weeks ago, my guitarist bought one of the Monte Allums DIY pedal mods for the Boss OD-3, and i did the modding for him, and it sounded really good, my guitarist thought so too. he actually stepped out of 'boutique' zone and gotten into modding stock pedals.

and it got me thinking, maybe there are DIY mods for bass effects pedal out there as well, they just don't make it big cause the use of pedals for bass is pretty rare compared to guitarists.

you guys have any comments?

2. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    It's not at all that "the use of pedals for bass is rare compared to guitarists"; it's just that there are a thousand would-be guitarists for every bassist.

I do modding of pedals for bass, but I don't advertise it as a business because there's no money in it.

3. Bassists are realists. They tend to know that there's for all intents and purposes, no difference between a JRC4558 and an RC4558.

Lets face it, if you can get your fingers around an E power chord inside five minutes, you probably call yourself a guitarist. By that logic, half the planet qualifies!

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 15, 2021