1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

bassist confessional.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by jonathan_matos5, Jun 27, 2007.

1. I'm 5'7 and 140 LB's (small stereotype) and play a 35 scale bass

I wear a fisherman's hat regularly

Usually have at least a goatee, sometimes slightly-shorter sideburns

My musical tastes span from Norma Jean (The band, not Marilyn Monroe) to the Grateful Dead to Primus (and I'm one of two people I know who likes them)

I'm trying to learn to read and learn theory, no one I know who plays a stringed instrument outside of school can do either

I say solid groove to the point of it being a catch phrase.

I try not to be confrontational

2. 49x18

49x18

Aug 1, 2007
    Let me give this a try.

About me:
    - 6'2", 250 lb, bald, black guy (think ex-football type player build)
    - Frustrated guitar player

I literally laughed out loud at how easy it was to play during my first practice session with a bass guitar.

This video pretty sums up my experience with the bass:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghvglTkHWV0

3. i shaved my beard off does that mean that i have to turn in my bassist card?

4. MCT

MCT

Apr 11, 2005
    Whenever I have a bass in my hands I ALWAYS try and find the groove. I just noticed it the other day while at a friend's house that no matter what was playing in the background I always found myself listening and trying to play a part that fit in.

5. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    :eyebrow:

Your bassist license has been revoked - turn it in. :D

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021