1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bassists who enjoy playing LOUD!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FunkyLemz, Oct 5, 2008.

1. pedro

pedro

Apr 5, 2000
    Madison, WI.
    +999999999999999

You young guys might want to check out Pete Townsend youtube comments on his hearing loss. I believe the drummer from Metallica has similar advise.

Anyhoo, I play w/ a 100 watt Ampeg V4b and a 1x15 and with the guys I play with and the music I play its been more than enough. We certainly hope at some point to have enough PA gear to be able to mic everything and thereby keep our stage volume to 90-95dcbls.

2. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    So let me get this straight if your older you cant play loud?

I guess that makes me a rare breed. I like a good 2400 watts Thomping Hard and I'm old with no hearing loss and during the day I work in a loud Industrial setting.

Like I said before I get my hearing checked for DOT once a year and do not have a problem.

Maybe it's because I get a Balanced Diet of Low End Tele Bass through my Bass Rig plus some good Telcaster Tones through a Cranked Mark III Boogie as well. :D

3. bassguitarded

bassguitarded Banned

Oct 23, 2008
    my drummer plays pretty hard(metal band).. so i turn up nice and loud but not too loud to drown out the kick drum... the the two guitarists turn up half as loud as i am ...since there is two of them.. we wear ear plugs... we use dynamics. and you can feel every note punch you in the face and stomp your chest. if you cant literally feel the bass and drums then its not loud enough!

4. Nice Rig dood.
    Sunn is known for 3 things: Dependable, Loud and did I say LOUD!!:bassist: My typical Rig if I am in a "Sunn" mood is 2 Sunn Coliseum amps, a lead and a bass and my Sunn Model T and Sunn concert bass amp into 3 Sunn 215 cabinets all with JBL K-140's, and 2 SWR Goliath III 4 X 10" cabinets. Not loud? If I am into a JPJ mood I smack 'em upside da heads with my
    Acoustic 370 into 2 Acoustic 301 cabinets each with a CV 18" and Acoustic 450 into a Acoustic 406 wide. and when I am pissed off at my neighbors I plug into it all!!:hyper:
    Can ya heah me now? Bluddy well right ya can heah me.
    But seriously I stand really close to my set up to save my hearing and if ya'll are gettin vertigo and tinnitus and wear earplugs then either A: Take up World of Warcraft or B: for Your sake turn it down. Most Gigs My Model T(4 x 6550) and 1 Sunn 200S cabinet with a pair of K-140's is enough.
    Take care of your hearing.
    Peace and Happiness to all.