Battery powering a Phil Jones Double Four

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CauliColin, Apr 1, 2017.

1. redstrand

redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    I got a couple of those hmmmmm

RodRy likes this.
  2. pkraiker

pkraiker

Dec 30, 2017
    Toronto Canada
    Huge marks for efficient use of resources. Nothing pretty about the battery though ;)

RodRy likes this.
  3. Aloe

Aloe

Apr 10, 2016
    Ukraine
    hm, I've got questions about this setup:
    1. it doesn't cut off like PowerAdd at high volume?
    2. how many Ah battery to get for a couple of hours? (I believe, Dewalt makes from 2 to 12 Ah, but larger are more expensive.)

thanks.

RodRy likes this.
  4. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RodRy likes this.
  5. redstrand

redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    RodRy likes this.
  6. MX21

MX21

Sep 28, 2007
    Springdale, AR
    1. No, it doesn't cut off. At least not at the volumes I've played along with a couple electric guitars. A drill can pull a lot of current.
    2. That's the 4Ah pack in the photo. The packs have 3 LED lights to show remaining capacity. After a 2+ hour rehearsal last week, all 3 lights still light up. I also have 1.3Ah packs. They work fine too, but I haven't tried them for as long yet. Next rehearsal I'll use the 1.3Ah pack and see how long it goes.

RodRy, Aloe and LondonWoodwind like this.
  7. Aloe

Aloe

Apr 10, 2016
    Ukraine
    thanks, please keep us posted.

one more thing I wanted to ask about DeWalt setup is that cable that connects the battery to the combo is DeWalt-made of self-made? I don't own any DeWalt devices, but it seems like I need the battery, the charger and the cable.

RodRy likes this.
  8. MX21

MX21

Sep 28, 2007
    Springdale, AR
    See posts 25, 26, and 28 for the info.

RodRy and Aloe like this.
  9. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

...and it has a plug that fits the double four?!??

RodRy likes this.
  10. redstrand

redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    Yep

RodRy and cosmicevan like this.
  11. RodRy

RodRy

Jul 1, 2018
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Isn't that the one that was giving you trouble at high outputs?

12. redstrand

redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    Nope, I've been fine. I don't dime it nonstop but it does loud for a good long time.

RodRy likes this.
  13. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I like to toss it on a desk or a table...I'm just lazy and don't want to deal with outlets, plus the plug seems like it won't last tons of abuse. I really want a 2nd one for a stereo pair. I've been using this and a briefcase to monitor some testing of a poly effects beebo / digit (stereo effect w crazy imagine) and having a pair of these to toss anywhere around the house would be amazing!!!

RodRy likes this.
  14. MX21

MX21

Sep 28, 2007
    Springdale, AR
    Report: the Dewalt 1.3Ah (25Wh) pack lasted the entire 2 hours of rehearsal with room to spare. So if you have a battery that can handle the peak current needs, it doesn't have to be huge.

Aloe likes this.
  15. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just got the poweradd pilot pro2. It's charging now. Seems like the "C" adapter would be the right fit and although the directions read oddly, I think I press the one button until it indicates that I've got 12volts output then plug it in and off we go. Can't wait to get it fired up!!!

RodRy likes this.
  16. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nevermind the goofy questions...it all came together once the charge finished. 20 volts...use the long cable...boom, and just like that, I'm portable!!!

RodRy and redstrand like this.
  17. redstrand

redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    It's a great feeling to have awesome tone just by carrying it around to wherever you need it

RodRy and cosmicevan like this.
  18. BAE

BAE

Jul 28, 2011
    Tennessee
    Does anyone know the size of the barrel plug for the “out” socket on the Lenmar PPU916 battery? I’m trying to make a one-piece power cord to the double4.

RodRy likes this.
  19. lug

lug Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    Now you can pester that dog next door!

cosmicevan and RodRy like this.
  20. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I like following my wife around the house playing while she tries to escape!

nbsipics and redstrand like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021