1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BEST-LOOKING P BASS I've Ever Seen

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lowbrow, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh PA!
  2. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Sorry, dude - I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, because I'm not seeing it...

- georgestrings

3. thiocyclist

thiocyclist Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2012
    I instantly came to the opposite conclusion: worst ever. Just saying, if you think it's beautiful then good for you.

4. Agreed

5. Needenaneden

Needenaneden

Feb 22, 2011
    Fender got it right the first time with the headstock. Everything else looks like it wishes it had a Fender headstock.

6. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
  7. tbplayer59

tbplayer59

Jan 20, 2013
    Not digging the golden mirror pickguard. I like the painted headstock though.

8. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Headstock seems okay, but the guard shape seems a little off around the controls, not sure if it's because it is a little off or if it's just the material. It's not a bad looking bass, but I've seen better. Same bass with a white pickguard might looks better, or regular silver mirror Phil Lynott style.

9. ics1974

ics1974

Apr 13, 2012
    not the best but I do like it

10. Same here... I'd imagine that'd get pretty dirty looking after a few shows.

11. meh...not feeling it...needs a maple board with black block inlays and some black binding!

12. mccartneyman

mccartneyman

Dec 22, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Managing Editor, Bass Guitars Editor, MusicGearReview.com
    Good bass for Pittsburgh Steelers fans, but I've seen better.

13. Phendyr_Loon

Phendyr_Loon

Sep 4, 2010
    Or just pearl blocks instead of dots like almost every other p bass/ p bass copy.

I thought the same thing exactly.

I suppose there's builders out there that seek to improve on the Fenders..... And the G & L's, and Sadowsky's, and Laklands.

14. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

These may be the best looking ever! At least to me.

p16. p10.

15. Fair Warning

Fair Warning Deliverin' the Goods! Supporting Member

Wow......tough crowd....."P-Snobbery"?

16. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Nah, I don't think so. It's just that with the title saying "Best Looking P-Bass I've Ever Seen", I think most people were expecting something other than a Black/rosewood P. It's nice enough, for sure; but best ever? That's a pretty tall order...

17. xUptheIronsx

xUptheIronsx Conform or Be Cast Out....

Feb 6, 2010
    C-ville, Col, Ohio
    ....and it needs to be a Fender

but, I don't disagree that the black body and gold PG isn't cool. Haven't ever seen that combo before

18. thiocyclist

thiocyclist Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2012
    When you say something is the best you've encountered, be prepared for people to disagree or offer their own judgement.

19. That's the thing. The title says "Best Looking P-Bass I've Ever Seen". It's a subjective title showcasing the OP's personal taste. He's not saying it's the best ever, or that it's the best YOU have ever seen...it's the one that appeals most TO HIM.