1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Blackstar Amplification Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Daniel Piper, Aug 9, 2018.

1. mbell75

mbell75

May 23, 2016
    You will need some kind of program. I just use GarageBand and it works brilliantly.

bhendrix likes this.
  2. bhendrix

bhendrix

May 2, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Ok fellas - I'm happy to report the Fender cover works! Width and depth are spot on - height is bit long for my U250 by about 1 1/2", but you U500 guys should be spot on as well. So it meets my needs as dust cover and have $46 more in my wallet! ;):thumbsup:

20190331_114543.

3. Nice work! That will do nicely!

A fender cover on a Blackstar amp- you have become the destroyer of worlds.

tindrum and bhendrix like this.
  4. bhendrix

bhendrix

May 2, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Yea - was gonna put the Blackstar sticker over the logo - but the Fender logo is too big. I'm probably committing a sin in the eyes of the Rumble owners! :smug:

Daniel Piper likes this.
  5. Michael Pugh

Michael Pugh

Mar 1, 2019
    I just got my U500 with the 5-function footswitch. I plugged it in and it worked great. The next morning, it would not work. Had Sweetwater send me a new amp thinking that was the issue. Plugged it in, it ran great. This morning, no footswitch! Again!! They're sending me a new one as soon as they get the amp I'm returning. Is there a trick I'm missing?

6. Michael Pugh

Michael Pugh

Mar 1, 2019
    How do I join this club?

7. bhendrix

bhendrix

May 2, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Thank goodness you ordered from Sweetwater. They'll make it right - best customer service in the industry (imho). Sorry to hear you're having trouble getting one with no issues. I've not heard anything like this happening with Blackstar bass amps - until now. Unfortunately, mass production can produce errors from time to time. Hopefully, the next one will be a keeper. I still can't stop grinning everytime I play my U250! :D

jwindham and Michael Pugh like this.
  8. bhendrix

bhendrix

May 2, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    OK - so it's a footswitch issue I take it. I've only used the one that came with the amp and it works fine. Perhaps mr piper will chime in later as he has the 5 function switch as well.

Michael Pugh likes this.
  9. Michael Pugh

Michael Pugh

Mar 1, 2019
    The amp itself sounds great. Jammed with my guitarist and drummer last weekend and it held its own and then some. Sweetwater is awesome! They've been extremely helpful. That footswitch, when it works, is killer!!

bhendrix likes this.
  10. How do you join? - why by posting a gratuitous Blackstar pic!

The footswitch - no real tricks there - just plug in and go. Remember that some of the functions require you to stomp two buttons at once - like if you want to change distortion type or preamp voice. C is for Chorus, D for octave and E for tuning.

Good thing Sweetwater sorted you out. We have som companies with great customer service here in New Zealand, but NOTHING like sweetwater when it comes to having pics of the actual bass you are buying etc. They are amazing.

jwindham, Michael Pugh and bhendrix like this.
  11. I've owned some pretty nice amp and cab setups, and tone-wise, this gives very little up against all of them. Awesome amplifier.

jwindham, MeshuggahN8 and bhendrix like this.
  12. Michael Pugh

Michael Pugh

Mar 1, 2019
    Therein lies the rub. I went to lunch and played around with it for a minute and it decided to work. It's weird but I'm not giving up yet.

13. Sorry it is being intermittent for you! I've had Mesa and GK (long time ago) gear go bad on me on startup, happens to every brand unfortunately - sucks when it happens to you though!

jwindham likes this.
  14. I'm thinking about picking up the extension cab in the next couple of weeks. Pretty excited.

Anyone else in the club using a combo with the U250ACT extension?

15. bhendrix

bhendrix

May 2, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    No - but you're gonna love the fullness and thunder of that 15" speaker! I can imagine paired with the 2X10s in your U500, there will be no venue you can't conquer!

Daniel Piper likes this.
  16. Michael Pugh

Michael Pugh

Mar 1, 2019
    I will eventually. I have a Behringer combo with a 15" that I'm going to modify into a cabinet. See if that will run with my U500. That 15' is a Bugera and it punches hard.

jwindham and Daniel Piper like this.
  17. That sounds like a cool project!

18. How’s that foot switch going today?

19. Michael Pugh

Michael Pugh

Mar 1, 2019
    It's weird. I figured out that if I unplug the FS-12 and only run the FS-14 and make sure the compressor switch operates, then I can plug it back in and it works great. Every so often, I don't even need to do that. I haven't messed with it much, I busted my right eardrum and it got infected.

20. Get well man! That really is odd with the fs-12.

What preamp and power amp settings are you favouring?