1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Blackstar Amplification Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Daniel Piper, Aug 9, 2018.

1. bhendrix

bhendrix

May 2, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Man - you've had a bad go of things of late. You're all over TB telling of returning gear left and right. Seriously, just never seen a guy have such bad luck. My two major GAS attacks this year - player series jazz and Blackstar U250 are flawless - loving them more every time I play them! Hopefully, you can settle into some gear you can be happy with - for the long term.

Daniel Piper likes this.
  2. La Faro

La Faro

Jun 20, 2016
    On the Fly3, the Emulated out/Headphone out jack cuts out the main speaker when a jack isplugged in. The volume knob controls either's level.

I currently have the Fly3 bass pair.
    I have the Fly3 guitar pair coming tomorrow.
    I'd like the option to have the bass play through all 4, with he guitar going though just two.

The Unity120 is on my thoughts, but not for a while. Currently the 120 is the largest Unity available in Vietnam

EDIT: I've asked this guy. Amps > Blackstar Fly 3 Mods : DIY Fever – Building my own guitars, amps and pedals

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    Monterey Bay-ss likes this.
  3. Yep - most people go through it at some point - I once had a run of bad gear luck involving EBMM, Mesa and GK all at once. Now there's three brands you don't normally hear about packing it in!

Things sometimes don't work out. It is frustrating after putting a lot of hard earned $$ to have the object of your desire turn out to be a lemon.

In other news - I am fairly close to pulling the trigger on the U250 powered extension cab to pair with my U500. The other thing I am considering doing is buying a second U500, and feeding it from the effects send of the first, into it's effects return.

bhendrix and Monterey Bay-ss like this.
  4. bhendrix

bhendrix

May 2, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    I think you'd like the the fullness the 15 inch speaker would add to your rig - plus with extra 250 watts, you could get silly loud if you need it! I'd give the U250 a go first AND you'll save well enough to get a Fly 3! ;):thumbsup:

Daniel Piper likes this.
  5. I see you are a man of culture! I will heed your advice. Really looking forward to completing the rig!

6. StayLow

StayLow

Mar 14, 2008
    Plenty of 1x15 don't sound fuller than 2x10.

Anyone tried it ... is it known for certain the Blackstar 1x15 sounds fuller?

Even when coupled with the 2x10 combo?

7. bhendrix

bhendrix

May 2, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    I demoed both the U500 and U250 combos prior to deciding on buying the U250. To my ears and for what I play, I preferred the the 15 inch speaker - my perception was a fuller tone. Ymmv! ;)

Daniel Piper likes this.
  8. I’m sold.

bhendrix likes this.
  9. bhendrix

bhendrix

May 2, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Once you pull the trigger, will require pics and detailed report on how your band mates now hate you cause your drowning them out! :roflmao:

10. Oh a report the club shall receive!

11. MeshuggahN8

MeshuggahN8

Feb 23, 2019
    Wgtn, NZ
    ** Old gear sold! (awaiting C.O.P) Not far off now lads! **

Daniel Piper likes this.
  12. Yuss!

What you gon' get?

13. MeshuggahN8

MeshuggahN8

Feb 23, 2019
    Wgtn, NZ
    Just ordered U500+250ACT+FS12.
    Hold my beer.

Monterey Bay-ss likes this.
  14. The Man!

MeshuggahN8 likes this.
  15. MeshuggahN8

MeshuggahN8

Feb 23, 2019
    Wgtn, NZ
    Bro, I'm getting some Hot-covers made for my rig, quick question, you have the FS-12/FS-13, what's the dimensions on the suckers? Getting pockets made for it and want to be able to chuck the footswitch in the pocket for the U500 and the FS13 and cables 'n'stuff in the pocket of the Ext cab. Blackstar site says: 336 x 37 x 73 (mm) for the FS-12, is this right? Does the high include the actual buttons? Sorry for the 50 questions mate!

16. I’m at home at 5- I’ll give them a measure then! Has the amp arrived?

17. MeshuggahN8

MeshuggahN8

Feb 23, 2019
    Wgtn, NZ
    Shot bro. Nah coming from all corners of NZ hey. Lol