1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Boss Ce-3

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Chaddycakes, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Anybody using the Boss CE-3 on bass? I have the opportunity to pick one up cheap without the chance to audition

2. I like the Boss CE-5. I use it all the time on my bass. Although I've never tried the CE-3 I don't know if they sound different.

3. I've used a CE-3 off and on for over the past year. It's got a great analog tone but only has two knobs to tweak, so it's not super-chorusy.

4. taurus1

taurus1

Sep 13, 2006
    Vancouver B.C.
    it's good, I've comparded the CE-1, CE-2, CE-3, CH-1 (analog), they all sound quite similar.

5. I think the Boss CE-3 is one of the greatest and most underrated pedals from the Boss universe...
    Whilst it's chorus tones are probably NOT in the same realm of the CE-2, it's serviceable enough. For me, though, the real gem in this pedal is the vibrato! Super musical and very bass friendly - so bass friendly I could hard believe my enormous disappointment when I got my hands on a Chase Bliss Audio Warped Vinyl. This is not to diss the Chase Bliss unit (IMO the thing is as close to perfect on guitar as I could imagine) but rather to say it is not ideal for bass. This may be an old thread but I never get tired of promoting the CE-3... especially as it's so cheap!

Driven Crane likes this.