1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bubinga Spector

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Spector_Ray, May 2, 2005.

1. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
  2. Wow. I don't particularly like Spectors, but that is pretty hot. I wonder how it sounds?

3. Why does it have J-pickups?

All the bolt on Euros I've ever seen have soapbars.

4. RedVampyre

RedVampyre

Jan 10, 2005
    Alabama, USA
    I like it! It kinda looks like a Warwick with those woods... ;)

5. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    That looks like an NS2-JCR. IIRC, they were not available in the 'States. I'm "negotiating" for one of them right now myself...

Edit: I don't know about only two being made...the one I'm after has EMG J pickups, no poles.

6. Did anyone notice that it has a Wenge neck? That and the pickups intrigue me the most. One thing that makes me wonder though, on this particular bass at least, is that there isn't any pics of the headstock. Seems a bit strange to me.

7. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Yeh, "mine" has a maple neck with a rosewood board...and no headstock...the body is the right shape...

Edit: a picture of the headstock was just recently added...I didn't know that Spector used DiMarzios at all, why would they change from EMG??? This is about the price range of the NS2J-CR I'm after, so I'll be watching this...

8. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    I'm pretty sure I've seen that seller with a lot of Spector products before. You can see the back of the headstock a bit on the neck picture too. Has the spector shape (from the looks of it.)

He has good feedback as well.

IN any case, that bass is amazing. I'm such a sucker for Bubinga and with the wenge neck as well :eek: :eek:

I'm in love.

And I do want a 4 string bass... [​IMG] :D

9. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    The neck looks a bit more like ovangkol than wenge to my eye... still looks sweet though :cool:

10. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    New pics have already been put up, headstock included.

11. Very nice. It kinda reminds me of a thumb.

12. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    That's a pretty good looking copy of a Warwick which is a copy of the Spector.....ouch makes my head hurt just thinking about it :confused: Plus I think the neck looks like Ovankol as well. I've had a half dozen or so Wenge neck basses and the grain is more open and alot darker in color. This neck looks really smooth. That said I'd really like to hear this bass as I've had both Spector and Warwicks. It could be the ultimate bass the sound of Wood and the playability of Spector all rolled into one.

13. Rod Harder

Rod Harder Supporting Member

That's essentially a Rebop 4 string with non standard body woods, VERY COOL. I would imagine that's something that Spector had made in limited numbers, perhaps a taste of something to come at Summer NAMM. There have been Bubinga Euro LX basses, Zebrawood LX models and even a Padauk Euro bass made recently - Bass Central had these on their site a while ago.
    Spector has the ability to sometimes do limited production basses with special woods when available - I have a Spalted Maple Euro LX 5 string on order for myself and I also have one other Euro 5 (not an LX) in the works with a different wood for the body wings as well.
    As for the Dimarzios, it's probably a result of the woods chosen, very earthy mid-strong woods, I imagine the Dimarzios accentuate this even more.

14. I think it said toward the bottom that he replaced the EMGs out of personal preference.

15. Agreed! I sent the seller a question stating the same exact thing as I think it has an Ovangkol neck myself. I'd certainly be interested if it had a Wenge neck though.

16. Whoa, he changed that alot. When I saw it earlier this afternoon, it looked like a dealer auction, and Im almost positive he said he had dimarzios put in it.

Course I did see one or two other Spectors on there, so I might be confusing them.

17. DubDubs

DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Um... Check the page again. There's a clear pic of the headstock and there's also one of the back.

c6_1_b.

18. AAAHH GAS!!
    it needs more strings though....

19. Bassossorus

Bassossorus

Oct 21, 2004
    CHICAGO
    looks ok, but my back hurts looking at it! warwicks and those heavier woods are killer on my back......Im happy with my modulus

20. ster

ster

Oct 18, 2003
    New Jersey
    MAJOR GAS!! Must resist!