Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by nonsqtr, May 11, 2005.

1. I drink 1-2 cups of coffee a day

25 vote(s)
  2. I drink 2-5 cups of coffee every day

29 vote(s)
  3. I drink more than 5 cups of coffee per day

12 vote(s)
  4. I don't drink cofee, only tea

17 vote(s)
  5. I don't drink any caffeine containing beverages

21 vote(s)
  6. I prefer carrot juice

8 vote(s)
  1. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Are you a coffee drinker? Tea drinker? If so, do you feel that caffeine has any positive/negative effects in your life?
  2. I used to drink coffee like water. My current situation requires that I make my own, so I have cut down. Effects? Yeah. I stayed wired from 9 AM to about 10 PM. Digestive problems, sleeping problems, etc. I only drank it to stay functioning.

3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Made me feel like a million bucks in the morning, more productive at work, yada yada yada. Then, it increased my stress, increased my blood pressure, made me irritable, upset stomach, occassional hershey squirts out the backside, insomnia, etc. etc.

So, I cut it out. Much better lifestyle for me.
  4. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    I drink mass quantities of coffee.
  5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I used to drink a lot of coffee, usually a cup a day, sometimes 2. That was like 2 years ago. Since then I barely drink coffee anymore, save for when I'm going on a long drive under tired conditions, or otherwise intend to stay up or wake up in a different-than-normal setting.

I do drink soda though, and I enjoy chocolate covered espresso beans fairly regularly.

I used to like tea somewhat, but in the past year or so it's just mostly disgusted me.

Now carrot juice, that's a drink I can get behind.
  6. fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    im 1-2 cups- in the morning to get me up to speed , then its juice all day to keep me hydrated.
  7. You forgot the ever important option of carbonated beverages - Coca Cola, Dr. Pepper, Pepsi, etc...

I'm normally a coffee drinker, but I'm about to order myself a pack of this stuff.
  8. I usually have a travel mug full of home made stuff when I leave the house for work, and occasionally pick up a refill on lunch if I need it.

Tim Hortons is some awfully potent stuff compared to what I make at home, there's a pretty noticable difference in post-coffee buzz.
  9. I'll have a cup of coffee on occasion. None of the options in the poll really work. (except carrots, of course!)
  10. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    I prefer my caffeine unadulteraded and stick to Mountain Dew :D
  11. jade

Mar 8, 2002
    I drink a lot of tea. Mainly jasmine tea. I like the smell of coffee but it smells a lot better then how it tastes. I only drink coke to stay awake when I study or when I'm out with friends.

I only use caffeine when it's necessary. ;)
  12. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Cheese, It isn't "Drink" it's "consume" and I'm sure it's rainforrest free coffee , right?
  13. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i only use caffene when i really need fact, my wife and i bought one of them there cold/hot water dispensers....i have never had this much water in my life...i actually feel less grouchy now.
  14. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    I used to have lots of coffee, but I quit over a year ago. Wasn't good on my stomach, and made my insomnia worse. Now, I just have green tea in the morning. If I'm out at a nice restaurant, I might have a cup of decaf with my dessert, but even that's rare. I still love the smell of coffee. Haven't had a Coke in I don't know how many years...just don't like it.

15. Used to drink heaps of Coke, but it's rotting my teeth.

I now limit myself to just one, on days that I have access to it (i.e. school, my grandfather's house, MacDonald's, etc.), or on other days when I steal them from Grandpa's fridge.

I'm drinking a stolen one right now. :smug:
  16. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    I'm a complete tea drinker - coffee's never been my thing. I get through about 6-8 cups a day - I couldn't get through work without it!
  17. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    i drink a lot of green tea. does that have caffeine in it?
    i also take pro-plus when i'm at a rave and need to stay awake for a dj set.

the only caffeine i have everyday is in this mac foundation fix spray i use over moisturiser. which, strangely, has caffeine in it.

"Liquid refreshment for the skin. A vitamin-rich pick-up for the skin - and a perfect finishing "fix" for makeup. Spray it on. Sets makeup. Wakes up the skin! Alcohol-free. Herb-infused. Shot with caffeine. One smart tonic. For a fresh finish to a look, apply over moisturizer and under foundation. Use over powder for a soft "set" finish. Non-irritating: skin calming. Botanically formulated. Naturally aromatic. Skin-quenching. Does the skin good. Let the skin drink it up"
  18. hetsscaryguy

May 22, 2004
    i drink a lot of tea 5-6 cups per day. i used to take 2 and a half spoons of sugar in each cup aswell. i just recently stopped that for fear of diabetes which has a history in my family. i find that if i dont have a cup of tea in the morning after a bout 2 or so hours i get headaches from withdrawl of caffiene from my system. then once i have a cup it goes again. its like a hangover from alcohol and it sucks!!!!
  19. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    ^^ wow!

I dont think green tea has caffeine in, or not very much anyway. Its a lot better for you than normal tea :)

but I just can't give up my PG....

pro plus is handy too but it can be a bit dehydrating I find!
  20. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    pro-plus + a two litre evian bottle :p