Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

changing the tweeter

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by scmills, Apr 7, 2005.

1. scmills

scmills

Feb 5, 2005
    excuse my ignorance on this subject, i've checked the forum and haven't found any help. My month old Avatar B212's tweeter is making a sick noise (not a hissing noise) as if it is blown. which is strange because i always play with it completely off to reduce hiss. I love the cab, but would like to replace the tweeter with a better one, instead of getting it replaced by Avatar. I am completely unaware of any considerations I need to keep in mind in doing this. I don't know what my options are as far as impedence, crossover, models.

Like I said, im very uneducated on this stuff. Any help whatsoever would be great, even if its just pointing me to a website with explanation of replacing tweeters. My internet searches are coming up empty on the subject matter.

Thanks,

scott

2. dood

dood

Dec 9, 2004
    sitting down,facingforward..UK
    Endorsements: Shuker Guitars, Dingwall Designer Guitars, D'Addario, Planet Waves, Barefaced Bass