1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Club Sadowsky!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MikeBass, Dec 23, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    Owner: Sadowsky Guitars Ltd.
    They are one of my best and most reputable dealers!

2. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    Awesome video! Just shared it on Facebook!

Hounddog and AngelCrusher like this.
  3. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    Metros have polyester on the body and flat nitro on the neck...just like NYC basses!

Fred312b, Nomogram, GregC and 4 others like this.
  4. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    Blue Label Stainless 45's.

MAJOR METAL and baTassi like this.
  5. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    Hi Everyone.....just caught up on about 10 pages of posts here! Thank you all for your kind words and I especially appreciate the great comments on our redesigned flat wound strings. I love the community we have both here and on the Sadowsky Bass Owners page on Facebook!

Roger

6. kev451

kev451 Gold Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2014
    New Jersey
    Omg not gonna lie...I’m totally fan boying right now. Thank you so much for answering my question. I’ve watched all he videos on YouTube and am planning on taking a visit to the store very soon.

Spidey2112, baTassi and Sadowsky like this.
  7. kevk

kevk Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Napa Valley
    FYI—There was a similar question posed awhile back, with responding pics of some awesome Sadowsky P and PJ’s, beginning around thread page 2255...

8. kev451

Feb 23, 2014
    New Jersey
    Yes after researching I found they are a great Store with a a great rep. The bass wa shipped and arrived into NYC on the 6th but it’s been there since. So I’m chomping at the bit to get that notification that it’s on it’s way to me.

Spidey2112 and Hounddog like this.
  9. Just finished by dinner gig tonight. I am actually starting to get use to fellow musicians and bass players coming up and complimenting on my sound and playing. I'm an ok player. My Sadowsky just brings out the best in me. Thank you Roger.

10. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Staff Member Supporting Member

Is anyone else rocking a Vintage 24fret 5 string? I haven't seen many here. That's my current build in the shop.

kobass likes this.
  11. Hounddog

Hounddog Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2004
    Southern, Illinois
    Sadowsky Featured Artist
    Here is mine 20180801_050925.

GregC, JLY, FunkSheep08 and 3 others like this.
  12. kev451

Feb 23, 2014
    New Jersey
    Question the pearloid pickguard did you get that from Sadowsky or was that custom ?

13. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Are you kidding me? At work, I'm known as Major Futzer, and my cohort in perceived diligence is Lieutenant Doolittle...

... our motto is why do something now, when you can wait until your day off for someone else to handle the matter?

(j/k)...

14. deepestend

deepestend Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 21, 2003
    Brooklyn via Austin and NOLA
    Guitar/Bass Builder and Social Media at Sadowsky
    If I had known that using the term "futz" in a description of flatwound strings would create three pages of chatter.... I would have used it along time ago!

BIGEJ2, G-MonRV5, FunkSheep08 and 6 others like this.
  15. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    I'd copyright the name, Flatwound Futzers, for a potential future band name.

G-MonRV5, FunkSheep08 and Sadowsky like this.
  16. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Thanks for serving, Kev!

17. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    Looks like at least 4 pages on FUTZ! :)

Hounddog, kev451 and Spidey2112 like this.
  18. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    That's it... I'm calling Jerry... picture this...

... a Seinfeld reunion, the show focusing solely on... futz...

... of course, George will be a huge player, in this episode.

GregC, kobass and Sadowsky like this.
  19. Hounddog

Hounddog Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2004
    Southern, Illinois
    Sadowsky Featured Artist
    I didn't buy them from Sadowsky because I wanted to experiment with aging them and was afraid I would ruin them. The tolerances this company uses is not up to spec with Sadowsky tolerences. They were cheap but you get what you pay for. In fact the one on the J makes me mad every time I look at it because it doesn't fit the control plate perfectly. So if you like things to fit perfectly buy from Sadowsky. They came as "aged pearloid" but I scuffed them by going up and down only with a piece of 0000 steel wool, threw them in a metal sheet pan, poured a pot of coffee on them with a half of a container of turmeric. Let them set for 24 hrs and they came out great. The one on the P was darker so I soaked the one on the J a day longer and it got a little more yellowed than the one on the P but I am happy with the color and it looks great onstage. My only regret is that I should have spent the extra cash to buy them from Sadowsky because the less than perfect fit drives me crazy.

Nomogram likes this.
  20. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    Hey Roger, have you guys ever thought about a 35” scale 4 string. I’m now playing in a country band and finding I could use a low B but happily give up the G!