1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Club Sadowsky!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MikeBass, Dec 23, 2007.

Tags:
  1. kev451

kev451 Gold Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2014
    New Jersey
    8B669D1A-B587-4DA3-AAFC-A9A28F70B237. So I was able to sneak away from work today for a few hours and visit the Sadowsky shop. And I’m still fam Boying out right now. I tried a few of the basses. And will be contacting them to have one made...Everyone was SUPER friendly and helpful.

Down to asking if I wanted water or coffee. Believe me if i knew The wife wouldn’t kill me I would have walked out with a bass today. But they are sooo helpful with answering questions. And y’all ready for this...

I got to meet the man himself Roger. We spoke for a few minutes about the bass I ordered from Japan and he reassured me on the info. Best part is got to take a pic with the man himself.

It’s def the highlight of my summer. I will be going back soon. They are a true class act in a time when that concept is completely lost. You guys ROCK. Ok I’ll get off my soapbox now.

Carry on.

2. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    Owner: Sadowsky Guitars Ltd.
    Please email me at roger@sadowsky.com

Nomogram, NOLA Bass and Spidey2112 like this.
  3. deepestend

deepestend Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 21, 2003
    Brooklyn via Austin and NOLA
    Guitar/Bass Builder and Social Media at Sadowsky
    @kev451 Great to meet you in the shop today!

Nomogram, Spidey2112 and kev451 like this.
  4. kev451

Feb 23, 2014
    New Jersey
    Likewise you guys are top notch. Thank you so much for indulging all of my questions and giving me all the info on the basses and options.

Spidey2112 and Sadowsky like this.
  5. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Awesome... this is how it should be...

Nomogram and baTassi like this.
  6. You are lucky to live close enough to do that. Many of us are far from NY.
    I have a NYC and 2 metros and haven't been to the shop yet..

jondiener and Dave Hill like this.
  7. kev451

Feb 23, 2014
    New Jersey
    But you got the basses!!!!!

BassmusM6674, Hounddog and Spidey2112 like this.
  8. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    I'd say both of you have Sadowsky in your lives...

... jingle writing... I could have been a contender...

9. True. I'm lucky as well. :)

kev451 likes this.
  10. Joeykun

Joeykun pronounced ジョーイくん

Jun 22, 2007
    Shirley, MA
    Endorsing Artist: GENZ BENZ / SADOWSKY
    I’ve been using the Black Label SS Strings on my Standard 4 for the last 9 months and really enjoyed them. Nice tension, plenty of zing and still sounded great after 9 months.

Today I changed them out to the Blue Label SS. I quickly noticed the lower tension. But, was reminded how great these Blues feel and love the mid focus. I’ll give these a workout for the rest of the year.

I could easily go back and forth with either of these strings and be totally happy. Just tells you how good these Sadowsky strings are.

Now for the pic or it didn’t happen, right!?! :smug:

6C7AABBE-2DB6-41DF-B511-D36B4BB7E4C9.

11. baxter_x

baxter_x

Nov 27, 2013
    EU
    I face a little issue with my Modern 5. Since yesterday I noticed it produces some noise especially with the B string. I need to turn the pan pot a little bit away from it center to eliminate this noise.
    Could it be that the pot is dead? The bass is from 2010

12. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Bassist
    I'd start by trying a fresh battery.

13. baxter_x

baxter_x

Nov 27, 2013
    EU
    Already did it.

14. DaveAceofBass

DaveAceofBass Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Maybe the pot just needs cleaning.

sok monkee likes this.
  15. baxter_x

baxter_x

Nov 27, 2013
    EU
    How do you clean a pot? With some dedicated spray?

16. sok monkee

sok monkee Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Burlington N.C.
    I do most of my stringing at the Kitchen table with a similar set up but it never looks that organized lol.
    I buy Blue & Black label strings in bulk sets. I use the blacks on my Sadowsky thats tune down a half step. I keep the blues on the standard tuned Sadowsky. Love both flavors and ease of ordering bulk from Sadowsky!

Joeykun and Hounddog like this.
  17. HeavyJazz

HeavyJazz Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Virginia
    There are various electronic sprays out there. The one Roger sells directly is quite good. Usually takes 1 or 2 hits and several turns.

18. HeavyJazz

HeavyJazz Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Virginia
    A question for deepestend (or even Sadowsky) - What are some the more memorable builds or "shop favorites" of late? Be it looks, custom options or what have you, I have to imagine that from time to time there's a special instrument which really excites the team more than usual.

19. Nomogram

Nomogram

Sep 30, 2015
    Central Illinois
    I bought my Satin J-bass from the "in stock" page on the Sadowsky website about 6 months ago. It weighs 7.63 lbs. I cannot say enough good things about how the light weight of this bass has saved my playing career from the back problems I had been having. The perfect construction, effortless playability, and awesome tone are bonuses, really. Since I bought it, I can't play any of my other basses, they are all too heavy for me.

It would be my Number 1 no matter what it looked like. I did also buy a couple of extra pickguards from the shop too, and recently switched from Tortoiseshell to Parchment (photos attached). I like both looks, but I think I prefer the white a little more.

It is amazing to me how every little detail of the Sadowsky basses is perfect. Even the replacement pickguard fits *perfectly*.

I will likely add another lightweight Satin Sadowsky in the future. It's a little weird only having one bass that is giggable for me (due to the weight and everything else). It would be nice to have a backup, so I'll probably sell my other basses and fund Satin #2.

2018-06-09 001 crop. july 2018 by Ted Brewer.

GregC, FunkSheep08, dave19er and 14 others like this.
  20. deepestend

deepestend Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 21, 2003
    Brooklyn via Austin and NOLA
    Guitar/Bass Builder and Social Media at Sadowsky
    Let me get to this tomorrow. There was actually a build for a customer in Germany that was a P with a plexi pickguard...not something we usually do.

TheBear, Fuzzbass and R&B like this.