1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Club Sandberg (part 2)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Jul 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Even the logo is left handed!

2. dwellers

dwellers Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Question: I've noticed that the pickup blend on my TM4 is really more of a selector in that once turned just a few degrees from center, it sounds like either bridge or neck is full on. Very little variance after that. Is that the way it's supposed to work? I have a Fender Elite Precision that works that way as well and I'm thinking it might be a design in most active electronics. Just curious.

Obrad Lacarac likes this.
  3. Obrad Lacarac

Obrad Lacarac

Feb 22, 2011
    EU wanna be
    Yes, unfortunately mine works the same. It would be better if it can blend more than just select.
    On the other hand, if You touch pickup poles with a screwdriver or something, You will hear the blend as it should be. It's pretty strange that this test says that blend works fine (not just like a selector), but You can not hear it properly in the sound.

bdplaid, Cuzzie and tubatodd like this.
  5. Cuzzie

Cuzzie Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2016
    But she didn’t cover the short scale.....

Obrad Lacarac and Jughead6 like this.
  6. And she didn't cover the awesome black 48 with standard VT pickups either... seeing that thing got my heart thumping.

Cuzzie likes this.
  7. Cuzzie

Cuzzie Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2016
    I know!!!
    Seems a little silly

8. Somewhat brief look at the Lionel.

TK4261 likes this.
  9. daellrollandiaz

daellrollandiaz

Jan 21, 2020
    Guys, does anyone of your heard about Sandberg California I TM5?

10. Juan Lauda

Juan Lauda

Sep 14, 2008
    Sydney
    Are you asking if anyone here has heard of it? It's the Mark 1 TM5... pretty well known around here. The Mark 2 version came out a few years ago with a less Fender Jazz-like body shape.

11. I love my Cali TM4 Mk1... Been my workhorse for 5 years.

20200124_191252.jpg

Juan Lauda, nonohmic, DJ '65 and 2 others like this.
  12. Obrad Lacarac

Obrad Lacarac

Feb 22, 2011
    EU wanna be
    Nice setup ;), though one Strat too much.

Jamie Hale and Jughead6 like this.
  13. dwellers

Jan 25, 2013
    Well that's where the bass should always be...dead center! Loves it!

Shpigel and Obrad Lacarac like this.
  14. DJ '65

DJ '65

Oct 16, 2015
    Awesome, but as guitarist that Friedman rig would be very welcome!

Jughead6 likes this.
  15. dwellers

Jan 25, 2013
    I'll bet that Friedman rig is frighteningly loud. I'm sure that Rumble will be cranked.

Shpigel and Jughead6 like this.
  16. Nope - it was actually a pretty tame gig. The Friedman had to be kept under very tight control to avoid overpowering the little Fender 15W guitar amp to my right. My Rumble master volume was barely over 4 out of 10.

dwellers and DJ '65 like this.
  17. Obrad Lacarac

Obrad Lacarac

Feb 22, 2011
    EU wanna be
    i was wondering what is on that set list ?

18. Jamie Hale

Jamie Hale

Jul 16, 2019
    Hello everyone... I have a VM5 that I purchases a few months back and I can't find the manual information. I know I have it around somewhere but reorganizing my practice space and a lot is in storage at the moment. Does anyone know where I could find a version of the manual online, that would cover setup etc. I am not familiar with the bridge design and don't want to just poke at it. And I need to "register" the bass and properly say hi. I'll take a picture of it. Thanks! (I looked for hours around the web and Sandberg's site before asking).

19. You my friend get a like - for the bass yes, but also that shirt! GOLD

20. fauxtoe

fauxtoe Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2018
    California
    I played on the Lionel at NAMM and it's such a sweet little bass. This lovely lady Ellen OReilly Music | Bass Guitar & Vocals was giving me the run down on it (and playing some Rush tunes) before she handed it over to me. She said it was very comfortable for her smaller hands and that she could comfortably stretch to 1 finger per fret. I usually play 34 or 35" scale basses (but I also have 24.75, 32, and 33.25) and I find the short scale stuff to be a lot of fun when I pick them up because of how fast and light they are.

TK4261, Cuzzie and Jughead6 like this.