1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Club Sandberg (part 2)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Jul 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. I put a set of 45-65-80-100 on my VM4, DR Pure Blues. No changes needed other than a very minor truss rod adjustment to keep the very low and buzz-free action

DanielW likes this.
  2. Sandberg Lionel....

3. nonohmic

nonohmic Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    Can't even read that site with all the aids.

4. Cuzzie

Cuzzie Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2016
    We defo need some pictures!

Jughead6 likes this.
  5. Lionel 30" short scale.... me likey.

lionel2_o1agov.png

fauxtoe, alack, DanielW and 1 other person like this.
  6. Cuzzie

Cuzzie Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Where did you find that?

configurator or a random viewing?

7. Cuzzie

Cuzzie Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Reverb

saw it

8. Litiec

Litiec

Dec 15, 2019
    Dear all
    I recently came across with this brand and I am thinking doing a configuration for the custom 5. I could see from the website there is a custom special with two switches, but I couldn't find any configuration option for this model. Besides that I couldn't figure out which kind of pickup it is( only say delano xtender, and from the delano extender there are two different pickup models with that oval shape). is there any difference between the two models apart from the switch, which I believe it might give you the option between single coil and..... ??????. Also it is difficult to find good detailed reviews about them. Someone could explain me why? They seem to be top premium basses. I also would like to know if I will be wasting my money getting one of the two models. I am looking for a versatile and modern sound bass to play clean beautiful lines on it. I not interested in punk or rock or any particular gender. I do love Micheal Manring, and I would like to follow more that path of experimenting a soloists approach.
    Thank you in advance

9. Are you talking about the Custom Supreme? The interwebz tells me the two switches are for pickup split and changing mid frequency.

SB Service likes this.
  10. J_Bass

J_Bass

Feb 7, 2008
    Porto, Portugal
    I only have a VM4 for a couple of months, so I can't help you there.

But as for Manring, his bass is a very special one. It has one visible pickup and about 5 or 6 inside the body. He usually uses piccolo strings and he uses a lot of effects. It's not easy to emulate that sound.

11. Litiec

Litiec

Dec 15, 2019
    Yes I understand that just want to give an example of which kind of approach I wanted to explore. The idea is to find my own voice in this sort of experimental path. Anyway I more concern if the basses in question are worst it.
    Thank

J_Bass likes this.
  12. Litiec

Litiec

Dec 15, 2019
    Thank you for your reply.
    I could understand that but which kind of pickups are. Split coil, quad coil, humbucker and which kind of humbucker? Is not clear. For now I am still gathering info about those two basses. But it seems there are not many people buying and is difficult to find information.
    Thank

13. J_Bass

J_Bass

Feb 7, 2008
    Porto, Portugal
    Yes, I understand. I've been doing this for many years and still haven't found the One bass. And I'm not getting closer. I can only tell you that I don't regret trading my American Fender AVRI 64 for a Sandberg California Supreme VM4. It's a bit heavier, but the neck is better, in my opinion.

Jughead6 likes this.
  14. Maybe send a PM to @SB Service ..

15. SB Service

SB Service

Sep 13, 2018
    Hello Litiec,

we use Delano "The Xtender HE" for our Custom Supreme basses.
    Here´s a link: DELANO THE XTENDER 4 Series

The two switches are a split switch and a mid frequency select switch.
    The mid frequencies are 160hz, 480hz and 1000hz, which can be boosted or cutted with a mid control pot of the active 3-band-eq preamp.

Best,
    Mike

krimo and Jughead6 like this.
  16. Litiec

Litiec

Dec 15, 2019
    Dear Mike
    Thank you for your reply. I have two question I would like to do. I was also considering acquire the custom thinline, but I couldn't understand how the bridge works. Is it an adjustable bridge for action and intonation? And the second question is how long it takes to deliver. I already did a configuration and sent it to my local dealer in netherlands, but I didn't receive any answer yet.
    Thank in advance

17. SB Service

SB Service

Sep 13, 2018
    The Custom Thinline bridge is like a bridge of a classical jazz-guitar. it´s wooden and not fixed on the top. you´re able to adjust the height also in the same way through two small adjustment wheels. For intonation you have to move the bridge to the right position.

The delivery times depend on the configuration. It´s between 5-9 month at the moment (5 month standard configurations and up to 9 month for custom build)

P.s: Now I´m leaving to NAMM and will be back in February. I will not frequently check here.
    If you have questions concerning your order, please get in touch with your dealer or with TH Music. You can find the contacts on our website.

bdplaid and GregC like this.
  18. dwellers

dwellers Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2013
    FWIW, I just switched from 50-105s to 45-100s (both nickel rounds) and I feel like the bass came alive. I was able to drop the action to what I consider super low (I like it like that) and I'm able to get just as fat a sound with a little boost of the bass. So playable, smooth and fun! And it really makes the sound so articulate. Of course, YMMV but I think I've found the perfect combo!

Shlabotnik and bdplaid like this.
  19. LeftyBongo

LeftyBongo

Aug 28, 2017
    Now the wait! :):cool:

Attached Files: