1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Club Sandberg (part 2)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Jul 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Nuage420

Nuage420 Supporting Member

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    I wish they made a Sandberg+ P pickup. The pickups in my grand dark are so freaking good. If I could get a VS4 with somethinoke that I would be in heaven.

2. MachMike

MachMike Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2020
    Nuage420 likes this.
  3. Juan Lauda

Juan Lauda

Sep 14, 2008
    Sydney
    I think they're brilliant. I've had my Nighthawk for 18 months now, playing almost every day. It doesn't seem to scratch. The only marks around the knobs would clean up easily if needed. IMG_4068.jpeg IMG_4067.jpeg

BrentSimons, gigetto, GregC and 2 others like this.
  4. Naigewron

Naigewron

Jan 5, 2018
    Norway
    I ended up not testing the California I. I couldn't justify the extra cost, so I didn't even want to tempt myself :laugh:

But: This one ended up going home with me. It sounds and feels crazy good to play - So punchy and clear, but without losing any of its growl or low-end. Amazing.

I'll be putting a black pickguard on it, I think. I've never been a fan of tort, and going all white seems a bit much.

2021-04-29 08.08.29.jpg

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  5. Jamie Hale

Jamie Hale

Jul 16, 2019
    I have the same one in a 5 string, tuned E to C, with TI flats in it. Love it, but I was thinking of changing my black pickguard for tort or white. All of us have our design choices that please us. But my bass is really playable. Hope yours becomes a #1.

Naigewron likes this.
  6. Naigewron

Naigewron

Jan 5, 2018
    Norway
    Different strokes. I've never been a fan of tortoise guards myself.

I assume you're too far away from me to just do a 1:1 pickguard trade? I'm in Norway :)

Oh it absolutely will be; I'm not one to own a lot of basses at once. I'll generally have a main, and a cheaper backup in case of gig disasters. This one is definitely *not* going to be my cheap backup :D

Nuage420 likes this.
  7. Jamie Hale

Jamie Hale

Jul 16, 2019
    I’m in Colorado, USA, so you will probably have it far faster on direct order than I could ever ship it internationally. Plus you may want to change it back someday.

Naigewron likes this.
  8. Naigewron

Naigewron

Jan 5, 2018
    Norway
    Sandberg quotes a 4-6 week delivery, actually, but I'll see if I can't find something in stock somewhere :D

Nuage420 likes this.
  9. ...on the fence for a MarloweDK 5 string. Just in case if anyone wants to sell one.

10. Nuage420

Nuage420 Supporting Member

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    That's actually pretty fast

Sascha Erni likes this.
  11. Terry Farmer

Terry Farmer Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2020
    I know this is a long shot, but I’m looking for a used California II TT4 SL in medium scale. 32.5”. Can trade or do cash. I know I can order it but I’m not long on patience. Please send pics.

12. Cuzzie

Cuzzie Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2016
    DK land is a great place to be

13. Naigewron

Naigewron

Jan 5, 2018
    Norway
    Anyone know if the battery drains if I leave a Sandberg in passive mode plugged in? I'm lazy :laugh:

Shlabotnik likes this.
  14. jid

jid Supporting Member

Check Reverb. “Bass Central” in Oeando just posted like 2 dozen. Many are in-stock.

No affiliation!

15. Naigewron

Naigewron

Jan 5, 2018
    Norway
    As with almost anything on Reverb, they don't ship to Norway :laugh:

No worries though, I ordered one yesterday. It'll get here when it gets here.

Shlabotnik likes this.
  16. jid

jid Supporting Member

Im happy to be your re-shipper if needed. Or I could carry it over. I hear this is a beautiful time of year!

For the mods: I’m not a reshipper! But I know people who have said ‘ship to someone local and they will reship to you’. I bet it is someone’s legit business here. I used to have a guy in CA who bought instruments to import to Thailand. Smart dude too!

GregC likes this.
  17. allboutbass

allboutbass

Oct 2, 2019
    It does drain the battery.

TB24 and Naigewron like this.
  18. Harold Runyan

Harold Runyan

Apr 27, 2015
    Ashland, KY
    Can anyone point me to somewhere someone does a direct comparison of a California super light and a regular California? I’m interested in the tone differences in the woods. I cannot find any sound clips or video comparing the differences in these.

19. MachMike

MachMike Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2020

I've left mine plugged in for at least 10 days and there is no noticeable drain at all, unlike my Spector which would be dry in about 12 hours.

Naigewron likes this.
  20. Cuzzie

Cuzzie Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2016
    I don’t know if there is one, but I have done it side by side - you have to remember though with this that in all likelihood it’s not a fair test - the SL come with sandberg black label pick ups, the Cali mainly with Delano or normal Sandberg ones.

It does warm as well but the SL is super punchy and needs those black labels IMO to balance the wood characteristics.

I don’t think you would get a meaningful test, but what you do have are 2 great basses

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021