1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Club Sandberg (part 2)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Jul 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Wolford

Wolford

Dec 18, 2013
    I can't wait to read your NBD post. Especially since you've never played one.

kasroc likes this.
  2. FacStudio

FacStudio Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2016
    Worcester, UK
    Nice. What about colour and finish?

3. APGP

APGP

Mar 8, 2018
    Once I finnish the configuration of the bass in the Sandberg web site how do I proceed with the order?

4. FacStudio

Sep 16, 2016
    Worcester, UK
    Save configuration and this will open a PDF of the order sheet.

Then you need to send that to a dealer for final cost and ordering with a 20% Deposit.

Sandberg List of Dealers

Wisebass likes this.
  5. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    Hi APGP :)

You have to order via an authorized dealer, who will take care of it. (no direct sales :()

You can find the one, that is the closest to your hometown, on the Sandberg website.

greetings

Wise(b)ass

edit: oups someone was faster! :D

FacStudio likes this.
  6. APGP

APGP

Mar 8, 2018
    Thank you!

7. kasroc

kasroc

Aug 25, 2016
    I posted this before, but here it is again...tobacco sunburst matt finish with black hardware.

Attached Files:

SLBasshead likes this.
  8. kasroc

kasroc

Aug 25, 2016
    Yes! I definitely will! There are no dealers in my area and I do not know anyone who has one. So, I have not played one at all!

9. APGP

APGP

Mar 8, 2018
    Does anyone here has a sandberg with ash body? If yes how is it? I'm usually don't worry so much about this things, but since I can't try out any bass before buying I just want some information.

10. Benko

Benko

Dec 16, 2014
    Tokyo, Japan
    aren't they all ash body?

My California II VM4 is ash, light and very comfortable instrument

11. APGP

APGP

Mar 8, 2018
    You can choose it to be alder or swamp ash also, but costs extra. In my mind ash instruments are usually heavier, not sure if that's true or not, how much does your VM4 weight?

12. FacStudio

Sep 16, 2016
    Worcester, UK
    Yes, I find ash is heavier on average - well every Ash bass I have picked up put my back out! :laugh:. They use ash as a standard on all natural / clear coat finishes. Alder is used as standard on painted basses.

Of course you can request anything you like. You can specify a chambered bass and have a nice figured cap if you want to make things a light as possible.

They will do anything within reason.

13. APGP

APGP

Mar 8, 2018
    But how heavy is a sandberg bass in ash on average? I can't find that information anywhere, just to have an idea and compare with what I have right now. Thank you

14. FacStudio

Sep 16, 2016
    Worcester, UK
    Just saw this on FB. 9lb 7oz (4.3kg).

Capture.JPG

15. kasbrey

kasbrey

Aug 23, 2002
    Northampton UK
    Northern Ash instruments are usually heavier than alder and swamp ash is even lighter than alder. My alder California II Vs4 is 7 and a half pounds. "T" instruments are generally slightly heavier as the body is bigger. Individual instruments vary though.
    The first California series are heavier than the new series (again generally). My 2 Umbos are both just under 9 and a half pounds and my VM4 is just over 9lbs. All are alder.
    My newest TT4 is lightweight mahogany with birdseye maple cap and is 7lb 4 oz.

FacStudio and Cuzzie like this.
  16. APGP

APGP

Mar 8, 2018
    Ok, thank you. And what about the sound? Have you found any noticeable differences between the basses regarding the type of wood?

17. Benko

Benko

Dec 16, 2014
    Tokyo, Japan
    Ok mine is 4.4kg so 9.7lb, I though it was a tad lighter, but it's very well balance and sound amazing (like any Sandberg)

kasbrey likes this.
  18. APGP

APGP

Mar 8, 2018
    Thanks :) I like the sound of Fender P's and J'z, and I know the most of the sound comes from the pick ups, but do these sandbergs sound more towards the modern age or can you also get a more vintage tone?

19. kasbrey

kasbrey

Aug 23, 2002
    Northampton UK
    Sandberg and Haussel small pole pickups are more vintage. The large pole Delanos and Sandberg ones are more modern.

20. APGP

APGP

Mar 8, 2018
    But what about the ressonance of the body? Fender's seem to be larger instruments, that can infuence string vibration. Can be my impression.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018