1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Craigslist Ad Your band management issues solved

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by WillOtter, Jun 5, 2018.

1. WillOtter

WillOtter

Jun 25, 2017
    Band Therapy (North Richland Hills TX)

Is your band filled with issues?
    Do you feel progress is being delayed?
    Are there unnecessary reoccurring incidents?

I CAN HELP!!!!!!!!!

After being in multiple bands filled with all sorts of problems and seeing others in the same situation, I WANT TO HELP! I have developed numerous techniques to lead bands to the best they can possibly be.

I am twenty years old, full of energy and thoroughly enjoy giving others that extra boost to success! I believe so many bands love what they do and have incredible talent but get caught up too easily in unneeded situations, leading to full on split-ups.

I DO NOT CHARGE A LOT!!!!!

Yes, I will ask for payment in return but nothing like what a manager/mentor would. People work to make ends meet. The last thing I want to do is obstruct someone's ability to live comfortably.

If you are interested in my services, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!! I DO NOT BITE!!!!!

BassCliff, tekhedd, PauFerro and 3 others like this.
  2. Oddly

Oddly Unofficial TalkBass Cartographer! Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    At twenty years old, I feel this guy may not be quite as experienced or useful as he thinks he is.

3. With him in your band all your other problems pale in comparison.

4. If his answer for every problem isn’t “fire the drummer,” then he is of no use to us.

Crusher47, mistergyro, R&B and 21 others like this.
  5. btmpancake

btmpancake Gold Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Apollo beach, Florida
    At twenty years old? Maybe he has developed numerous new techniques for sacrificing 'live chickens'...(jk) but he does seem to think he's onto something. I like his con..fidence, but his methods to get positive results maybe questionable.

mikeyjm2 and Sixgunn like this.
  6. gln1955

gln1955 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    He's only 20 and has been in numerous bands with so many problems.

Hmm.... what was the common denominator in this scenario?:whistle:

7. redwingxix

redwingxix Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2015
    detroit
    A therapist for bands!!! That's genius!!! I always wondered what I wanted to be when I grew up and now I know. Now I just need to get board certified and then I'm off to LA to open my new practice.

Deak, SactoBass, East Coast and 2 others like this.
  8. gln1955

gln1955 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    The Band Whisperer :laugh:

9. redwingxix

redwingxix Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2015
    detroit
    Just think how many more good Van Halen records we could have had if this guy was around in 1984.

Jimmy4string and RiffwRiter like this.
  10. GBBSbassist

GBBSbassist I actually play more guitar... Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Chicago
    Musicians?

R&B, interp, Blue Dragon and 3 others like this.
  11. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    I remember when I knew everything there was to know at 20 too.

This guy is adorable!

BassCliff, Deak, br1qbat and 8 others like this.
  12. Gasman

Gasman Gold Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2007
    South Carolina
    Preventing “full on split-ups”, it’s like doing the Lord’s work. Every time a band breaks up, an angel dies.

BassCliff and Sixgunn like this.
  13. Wfrance3

Wfrance3 Supporting Member

May 29, 2014
    Tulsa, OK
    So he's applying to be a roadie who is telling you up front he's going to run his mouth about stuff not his business??

PauFerro and Sixgunn like this.
  14. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Translation: Cheerleader.

I can’t play anything worth a damn. But I like hanging out with bands. And I’m a swell guy to talk to when you need to just…y’know, talk.

———

Consider letting him run your fan club.

Maybe.

No way I’d allow him in the band’s rehearsal space or ever attend any band meeting.

On a positive note it’s to see somebody putting all the things they learned at fellowship to work.

15. Bunk McNulty

Bunk McNulty It is not easy to do simple things correctly. Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    Decent of him. :D

16. Roland GR 88

Roland GR 88

Sep 16, 2013
    Toronto
    He was.....we spent our last $275.00 on a 'band consultant' back then.
    He told us to dress better and play more popular songs.

Genius.

BassCliff and bkbirge like this.
  17. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    My grandson is nearly 20 years old ... and I sure wouldn't take advice from him ... about anything. ;)

18. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    Maybe Phil Towle's nephew?

leto likes this.
  19. wintremute

wintremute mediocrity at its finest Gold Supporting Member

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Endorsing Artist: Langstrom Carrot Farms
    If this guy is a good communicator, then I can see this guy being able to help younger bands. When a group of people come together for a project, a lot of times everyone has their own assumptions on how things should work and how things are going to work - and they don't talk thing over with the other members. If this guy is able to get everyone to communicate and understand one another and decide on common goals, then he would be worth hiring.

On the other hand I guess it's a hoot to make fun of him because he's young and a go-getter. If we can't make fun of him for being an unambitious couch surfer then I guess this is the next best thing.

BassCliff, CRich0205 and GBBSbassist like this.
  20. bearfoot

bearfoot

Jan 27, 2005
    schenectady, ny
    I was comfortable with paying him, but now that he's apologized for making money, I feel disgusted by my own Capitalism, and have decided to instead give him a ride to the soup kitchen.