1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

crazy shape

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by one, Nov 15, 2006.

1. one

one

Aug 21, 2006
    Boston.UK
    The two guitarists in my band have some pretty nice and what you'd call odd shaped (especially to what a guitar is SUPPOST to look like) guitars, and i was wondering that i could maybe join them?

So my question is:
    Are there any really nice, sharp looking style basses other that all B.C Riches and the Warwick Buzzard at a reasonably high quailty and at nice prices? (The B.C Rich Beast really look appealing to me, but was curious what else is on the market)

Thanks,

2. klocwerk

klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    The low-end BC Riches just aren't worth it, they're built for looks alone. The high end BCR's (custom shop, etc) though are quite nice. I owned an '82 Rich bass for over 10 years as my sole bass.

what's your actual price range?
    I'm sure TBers can recommend some stuff for you. :D

3. lug

lug Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    ts-365,pd,001.jpg

4. Bass Below

Bass Below

Oct 24, 2006
    New York
    If you like this one and you're handy, pm me your address and I'll send you a copy of the template so you can make your own body. It's my own design, so you won;t be ripping anyone off, well, except me :D

When I was making it, I thought it was looking too B.C. Rich-ish, but I still like it.

IMG_0910.jpg

5. ggunn

ggunn

Aug 30, 2006
    Austin, TX
    It looks kind of Flintstones-ish to me.

6. Bass Below

Bass Below

Oct 24, 2006
    New York
    Weren't the Flinstones guitars made of dinosaur bones?

7. how about a jackson kelly?

8. steinberger?

9. Doesn't Warmoth make all the BC Rich body styles too? They would be much MUCH higher quality than real BC Rich.

10. Bass

Bass

Nov 10, 2003
    Canada
    I really like the looks of these, although I can't comment on quality or price.

[​IMG]

11. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
  12. "Real BC Rich's" are neck throughs ;)

13. neptoon

neptoon Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2000
    Vero Beach, FL
    that burns bass looked like a bison, i think it's called...warmoth makes a couple of the bc rich shapes like the warlock, eagle and mockingbird, but not all of them...the ibanez eda basses are sort of weird shaped and have piezo pickups in addition to the magnetic one - there happens to be an ibanez AFR on ebay right now for peanuts (these are the original rolf spuler designed wooden basses that the eda's were knockoffs of)...i would probably go with a warmoth warlock with your own wood configuration

14. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK

15. That's a Tune (Japanese) Space bass

16. lug

lug Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx

Yep, 36 inch scale and unfortunatly, very expensive.:(