1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

DADGUMIT!!! Dont go to Guitar Center!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lwknives, Aug 24, 2012.

1. lwknives

lwknives

May 6, 2012
    I Spent some time on a fretless for the first time yesterday. I absolutely loved it :bassist: It was much easier than I thought it would be. I was able to just pick it up and play, I liked the way slap n' pop sounded on it just as much as a fretted bass if not more. love love loved it.
    But I wont be able to buy any new gear at least until next summer:crying:

2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    It's great that you like fretless but what does that have to do with not going to Guitar Center?

3. khutch

khutch Praise Harp

Aug 20, 2011
    suburban Chicago
    I believe they gave him GAS. Of course TB will do that too....

Ken

4. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    You live near the GC that actually has a fretless bass? Grats!

5. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    I just love how DADGUMIT is really a swear word inside out.

6. Road Hat

Road Hat Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2008
    NorCal, USA
    Isn't DADGUMIT an eight string tuning? :)

7. lwknives

lwknives

May 6, 2012
    I love Guitar Center but I found about $15,000 worth of gear I would love to have. And i cant even afford a reverb pedal right now.

8. MrCincinnati

MrCincinnati

Mar 6, 2011
    Yeah when I bought my fretless from GC a couple weeks back in my head the convo went "man if you guys had this in a 5 string I'd grab it today...oh, you don't..nah don't worry about ordering it"

in reality it went salesperson: "I think we have one NIB in the back - let me check..." returning "yep here it is - want to check it out??"

me: le sigh - of course - here's my wallet.

9. lwknives

lwknives

May 6, 2012
    Yah, now im dreaming about a warwick 6 string fretless (not what I played at GC). and A nice mesa tube amp. and that $8k prs guitar. And of course there was that nice martin acoustic.