1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Darkglass Microtubes 900 Class D Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Spector2112, Jan 20, 2016.

1. IMG_20180203_140948. I just picked up a Microtubes 900 today after a trade with a dealer for some guitar gear. Good deal, I think. This thing sounds huge. I loved the regular amp section and the microtubes options were icing on the cake.

My first bass amp! What a sweet day this turned out to be!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    Darkglass and monsterthompson like this.
  2. bebass

bebass Sho Me Music Commercial User

Sep 3, 2006
    Bolivar, Missouri
    ShoMeMusic.com; Authorized dealer for Bergantino, Dingwall, Darkglass, Genzler, Phil Jones Bass, Quilter, Blackstar, Cort, Traynor, and other
    I was wondering the exact same thing. I suspect so but do not have any information. If the new AO Ultra proves to be popular then it would be a natural evolution for the amp.

3. Jacobflyin

Jacobflyin

Sep 18, 2016
    Hey guys, I am thinking about picking up a M900 but it is a early version. I was wondering if anyone, has had any problems with the 1st batch sent to the US?

4. bjelkeman

bjelkeman Bass player wannabe

May 9, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I picked up one of the very first from the workshop in Helsinki. No issues so far.

My actual amp in the testing rigg. Before they gave it to me.

29582661263_84d9017742.

Some more pics here: Darkglass visit, October 2016
    And the resulting interview, in the sig.

Jacobflyin likes this.
  5. I recorded a track using the Vintage Microtubes section and another one using the B3K section. I think it sounds great. Hopefully these will help anyone who's interested in knowing what these awesome amps are capable of.

This is with the Vintage section engaged:

I think it sounds very warm, and gave me a modern, yet at the same time, a very old school vibe.

And this one is with the B3K section engaged:

I like the fact that it is easy to fit in a mix despite the heavy distortion. Perfect for aggressive styles.

6. Just pulled the trigger on one of these! Been interested for a while and thought it was time. Now I'm playing the waiting game while it ships.

In the meantime, how are you guys carrying this thing around? I've had a look at the DG amp bag as well as the Tonehammer 500 bag, which I've read is a perfect fit and about a third of the price.

monsterthompson likes this.
  7. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I have the Darkglass amp bag. It's very nice.