1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Delano SBC5 He/S 4 pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by melodiaopus, Nov 5, 2013.

1. melodiaopus

melodiaopus Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Hey everyone,

I'm thinking about upgrading my Zon Sonus 5 Standard, from the stock BassLines. I just wanted to see if any of you have had any experience with these pickups.

Thinking about switching out my preamp and electronics in it as well. The output level is pretty weak, and I'm thinking of sticking in a Sadowsky system. Any other great sounding pairings would be awesome, I'm open to all suggestions.

Thanks,

Adam

2. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    I have not used that particular Delano pickup. I will say the handful I've had have been nothing but excellent. Clean and even sound, tight excellent bass. They play very well with Glockenklang preamps. Or you could pickup a Delano pre too.

I did have some Delano's matched with a Sadowsky pre and didn't care for the results. made it too boomy, wasn't a good match. The Pickups on their own sounded very good passive. Amazing with the Glock pre.

3. awamori

awamori

Dec 10, 2009
    They have nice clean tone that isn't bright nor muddy which works well with pres.