Dingwall Owners Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FroggyOne2, Jan 7, 2008.

Tags:
  1. I’m looking to replace my stock knobs on my NG with the Dingwall custom knobs that come on the Canadian models. They haven’t been in stock on the DW store in months, so looking at dealers.

The confusing part is that on the DW store, they say all knobs are 1/4” with shims for 6mm. However, dealers are listing 1/4” and 6mm knobs separately. No shims mentioned. Odd in and of itself. Anyway, I’m not sure which ones fit the NG. Anybody know?

For instance…

DW Store link: Dingwall Custom Made Knob Set - 5 Pieces

Fret Nation link: Dingwall Replacement Parts for Dingwall Bass Guitars - Rotary Switches Pickups Pickguards and More!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  2. AB Nate

AB Nate Supporting Member

May 28, 2016
    IIRC. The DGTC has a larger pot shaft diameter then some other stuff used by Dingwall….. maybe it’s backwards and the Glockenklang has the larger shaft….. hmmm. Gif tells me DGTC.
    Anyways, seems like Dingwall sells the universal kit for this reason where as Jason has the specific ones for your customization needs.

Best bet is to pull your knob and measure….. apparently 5 1/2” is average…..

Um…. wait…..:bored:

3. Bwahaha! Oh dear…

So, uh, anyways… the NG knobs just pull off? I don’t see a set screw. Literally every bass I’ve owned in the last 25+ years had a set screw on the side. Lol. I typically break things if I don’t understand them before yanking on them.

4. Waltsdog

Waltsdog Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Ottawa, ON
    This is coming my way soon thanks to John Fox Bass

upload_2021-7-29_18-43-38.png

5. Sodbuster

Sodbuster Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2015
    The Frozen Tundra
    I contacted Billy at Dingwall and my D-Roc replacement nut will be shipped shortly. Nice guy and eager to help. Cool.

mateoloco and AB Nate like this.
  6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Yes, I always run it at 18v.

Email Jason at Fret Nation. He'll dispel any confusion in minutes. He's sold a bunch of these to NG people.

AB Nate and Scott McArron like this.
  7. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Is the Z2/NG2 pickup setup an option on the D-Roc? I had asked about it for my AB1 and was told no from the shop, which is okay as the regular two pickuo arrangement sounds great to me.

8. Waltsdog

Waltsdog Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Ottawa, ON
    No, it's definitely not an on the books option. I was surprised they agreed to do it but I know Sheldon has mentioned looking at models with fewer pickups in some of the online Q&As over the last year or so.

Just thinking out loud but maybe it'll migrate to the production D-roc to give a lower cost option?

TheEmptyCell likes this.
  9. TheEmptyCell

Jul 16, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    I assume it's because the D-roc isn't really cutting into the same market as an AB. I know there's plenty of crossover for Dingwall lovers, but I imagine most folks are either more into the AB/Z?/Prima side of things vs the D-Roc side. It makes sense not to offer a 2x pickup option on the cheaper ABs since you can get that option with a Sklar or Prima/Z.

Waltsdog likes this.
  10. TheEmptyCell

Jul 16, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    pinky mcpinkface.jpg

Guess what John Fox got in the mail today? Guess who's absolutely screaming on the inside? This guy right here. It wasn't due until sometime in August, and I had only just asked if we were still on track a week or two ago. Now for the arduous wait as it crosses the country.

Rocky55, Nuage420, PaulS and 23 others like this.
  11. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I've given that some thought, but I've never ever liked V/V setups at all.

12. NaH

NaH Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Was listening to this one again and realized that your blocks only go half way! Can't say I've seen that done before...

IvanBassist likes this.
  13. ThisYouCanTrust

ThisYouCanTrust

Jun 10, 2019
    Oh that's nice.
    I was never a fan of these "who's the fairest of them all" all-maple necks, but with that pastel pink it really works !

14. TheLowDown33

TheLowDown33 Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2009
    NJ
    Ha! Good eye, it's because they are stickers. I only really need them up high where the fret angle starts to get more extreme.

NaH likes this.
  15. TTA

TTA

Jun 10, 2021
    Imho the maple necks look best with the lighter body colors: yellow, white, green, pink, etc. Love the pink 6er!!!

i need a 6 in F# now.

DingwallDingus and TheEmptyCell like this.
  16. IvanBassist

IvanBassist Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Münster, Germany
    Endorsing Artist: Mesa Boogie, Tech 21, G&L
    Congratulations!!

PaulS and TheEmptyCell like this.
  17. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars

Love it. Absolutely beautiful.

TheEmptyCell likes this.
  18. Jack Deth

Jack Deth

May 7, 2020
    Missouri
    The AB1 I have on order is Ferrari Yellow with all maple neck & fingerboard, 6-string and tuned F# :bassist:

TTA likes this.
  19. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    F# is fun, but, about 3 weeks ago I finally took my F# AB1 back to drop-A. Kind of "over it", when it comes to that tuning and how it more or less wedges me into one flavor of EQ to really work well. Kudos to those that get a kick out of it, though!

TTA likes this.
  20. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    TheEmptyCell likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 26, 2021