Dingwall Owners Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FroggyOne2, Jan 7, 2008.

Tags:
  1. IronSpatula

IronSpatula

Dec 13, 2003
    Northern CA
    The import models also come with a nice gig bag from that manufacturer (Music Area) but they aren't the same (or as cool) as the ones that come with the Canadian basses.

AB Nate likes this.
  2. bebass

bebass Sho Me Music Commercial User

Sep 3, 2006
    Bolivar, Missouri
    Authorized dealer for Bergantino, Dingwall, Genzler, Phil Jones Bass, Cort, Traynor
    Any user reports as of yet on the D-Roc 5-String or the limited edition Rob van der Loo Hellboy that is now shipping? I have an initial impression but would like to see others.

anton72 and BurningSkies like this.
  3. Andyman001

Andyman001 moderation must be taken with a grain of salt

Feb 11, 2010
    S/E Idaho
    Kat, you seriously need to find one to try out!
    :D

Katoosie and anton72 like this.
  4. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Did anyone else catch the Dingwall video on social media this morning about the D-Roc Standard 5? In particular, did anyone else gasp when @Sheldon D. did the big flourish’y flip maneuver with the bass in the video? That’s a bold move with such a nice bass! :nailbiting:

5. Jack Deth

Jack Deth

May 7, 2020
    Missouri
    A fretless Dingwall is on my bucket list. Multiscale fretless would be the ultimate technique challenge as a bass player IMHO.

D Bowden, Katoosie and Jeff Roller like this.
  6. AB Nate

AB Nate Supporting Member

May 28, 2016
    you should share the bubinga too! Let’s see it. I’m kinda surprised you ended up with that Z. It seems to be missing a string for your tastes. That said, it’s amazing!!!
    What do you mean genuine? The bass (yes) or my comment(also yes)? Hehe

armed with my info, I 100% believe he’s asking a serious premium BUT if he can get it I’d doesn’t hurt any of us so all the power to him. Dingwalls are like real estate and I want the ones on my street to sell high.
    This one says 95 ish
    For Sale - Dingwall Pre Fire Voodoo Zebra 5 String
    and if it’s correct this one would be slightly earlier as my serial number is 11 less. neck is a 7 piece. It’s glorious. :D

You’d be needing to find an old AB to get a fairly low const sixer. Kinda like the whalepool one discussed above. I just saw it for sale I think on FB.

7. AB Nate

May 28, 2016
    It’s actually not though. If your at all comfortable on a dingwall neck the Fretless feels quite natural and intonates remarkable well. At least that’s what I find

8. AB Nate

May 28, 2016
    @Katoosie had an option on a KILLER bubinga bodied AB and let it slide for a production Spector…. BOOOOO!

just bugging you Kat. .. but seriously!!!

Andyman001 and Katoosie like this.
  9. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    So, mine is more valuable? ;) :bassist:

10. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Rarity always begets value if an item is in demand. ;)

There's even a point where collectability isn't based upon quality, rather scarcity.

I worked as the indie buyer of a record store for a decade and we also dealt in vinyl; back in the era of 88-2000 it wasn't the hipster thing it is now, but we did a ton of vintage vinyl. Anyway... it was usually the albums that didn't do as well that were worth the most. Bad reviews meant smaller production runs, less hit stores, etc. at the time that they were released. Later or completists like me (this is before you could DL or stream nearly anything), wanted even the crappy records...thus things like Grateful Dead's Steal Your Face selling for over $100 bucks even though it's an effing trainwreck, etc.

AB Nate and retroXvertigo like this.
  11. Katoosie

Katoosie Chocolate is the best Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Sweden
    You know, lesson for the future. Hold onto the money for a high end bass in case something good pops up in the area :)

Andyman001 and AB Nate like this.
  12. CJC6

CJC6 Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2020
    I sold the AB2 (Cocobolo top / Bubinga neck - #1-12 made) to get into a Skjold Catacomb. She is a beaut, one I’ll regret selling for sure. (Pictures below)
    The Z3 is missing a string for my normal tastes. Haha. It is too pretty to pass up! It surprised me more that I sold off my ABZ sixer to swing it. Can’t keep them all and now I know with certainty a Z3 sixer will be next. Want to trade ABNate? Haha

Attached Files:

RyoCanCan, DeltaPhoenix and AB Nate like this.
  13. anton72

anton72 Supporting Member

It’s a first and very limited batch. Mine was unfortunately not in this shipment. Waiting for the next one in November and looking forward to hearing first reports too.

14. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I mean. I might know a guy that collect Z's, and could always use a purple one...

15. CJC6

CJC6 Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2020
    Once I line up a Z3 sixer, preferably wenge on wenge, I will be selling the purple five string Z3. I should just find a quick build slot and get it exactly how I want it. I’m just impatient.

Selta and AB Nate like this.
  16. AB Nate

May 28, 2016
    Ah. I thought that was the one you were referring too.

amazing for sure.

Hahah…. Tempting. Galactus stays put….. I still struggle with parting with the maple marvel though too.
    Stop it you devil. I was happy to see that one get a sold sign when it did.

CJC6 likes this.
  17. AB Nate

May 28, 2016
    From previous convos I knew it was only a matter of time before you fell hard for dingwall. That’s a killer skjold too. Lotto Bucket list for sure.

CJC6 and anton72 like this.
  18. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    True. I just sold a lower end Ibanez Tubescreamer for about $220 more than I thought it was worth because of the colour. Apparently it was a limited run. I had it pictured in a local Kijiji ad for a pedalboard I was selling; it wasn't even listed. Someone made me an offer and off it went!

AB Nate likes this.
  19. AmazingMumford

AmazingMumford Supporting Member

May 8, 2011
    Massachusetts
    That was the third take. ;)

AB Nate, IronSpatula and anton72 like this.
  20. bebass

bebass Sho Me Music Commercial User

Sep 3, 2006
    Bolivar, Missouri
    Authorized dealer for Bergantino, Dingwall, Genzler, Phil Jones Bass, Cort, Traynor
    We shipped several out 2 days ago so thought perhaps there were a few in player’s hands. Good luck on getting yours soon.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 17, 2021