Dingwall Owners Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FroggyOne2, Jan 7, 2008.

Tags:
  1. shade_1313

shade_1313

May 31, 2005
    I’d LOVE to pick that up. But it won’t last until the first, when I’d have ready cash for it.

2. AB Nate

AB Nate Supporting Member

May 28, 2016
    Fingers are crossed for you.

3. NaH

NaH Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2010

I agree with @AB Nate - mine has lines, so that might help me a little more but it isn’t really harder.

Jack Deth likes this.
  4. NaH

NaH Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I miss that one sometimes.

AB Nate and CJC6 like this.
  5. shade_1313

shade_1313

May 31, 2005
    I keep on debating in my head, for when the time comes, whether I ought to get a Combustion and have it defretted, or just do a simple ABZ fretless.

6. NaH

NaH Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2010
    If those were my choices, I'd pick the ABZ, but either way I imagine you'll enjoy it. Speaking of Bubinga...

fretless.jpg

RyoCanCan, J R Knots, CJC6 and 4 others like this.
  7. Jack Deth

Jack Deth

May 7, 2020
    Missouri
    I look forward some day to validate your experiences with my own.

AB Nate likes this.
  8. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    So sweet. :cool:

NaH likes this.
  9. shade_1313

shade_1313

May 31, 2005
    That’s beautiful. Every time something like this gets posted, I make a mental note for me to mull over if I ever decide to get an AB2.

NaH likes this.
  10. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Pretty sure they don't do the ABHS's anymore.

11. NaH

NaH Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2010
    They don't, but this one isn't. Walnut body. Bubinga neck and top. AB2 (though not chambered to my knowledge), fretless with lines.

Selta likes this.
  12. NaH

NaH Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2010
    So many beautiful ones out there. What I wish I could do (but can't afford to) is buy the AB2 from @Randy W Lopez and put the walnut neck on it from my redwood topped AB2. Walnut body, walnut top, walnut neck. I'd also love to try out an ovangkol neck.
    dingwall-ab2-2-jpg.jpg

13. anton72

anton72 Supporting Member

Hello Club. A question to Canadian made Dingwall owners: Do you use Dingwall gigbag to carry your bass or any other brand gig gag? Curious cause I also have MONO gig bag which is a bit lighter and shorter and fits easier in my car. So Dingwall own gig bag vs MONO one, which is your choice? Thanks

Attached Files:

RyoCanCan and AB Nate like this.
  14. AB Nate

AB Nate Supporting Member

May 28, 2016
    Both. If I’m taking one bass it’s usually a dingwall bag, if 2 I have the double Mono. I feel safe with either option.
    That said, these are going in the back seat and not being tossed into any unsecure location.

anton72 likes this.
  15. goldendomer04

goldendomer04 Supporting Member

Sep 30, 2018
    I have basically only been using my Mono Vertigo since I bought it. :)

anton72 likes this.
  16. Ryno1330

Ryno1330 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2020
    I have
    I own both. Overall the Dinwall is nicer and I usually take it, but I often miss the extra pocket up by the headstock for stuff. The bottom pocket is really big but throwing small stuff like in-ears, picks, etc isn't ideal in the bottom pouch where it gets lost. (Oops edit- I realized my Mono doesn't either. I was thinking of my Suhr case). So I definitely prefer the Dingwall but my Mono is an m080 - others may be better.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021 at 10:56 AM
    anton72 likes this.
  17. Fingers crossed I should have mine in the next few weeks.
    I'll pop up a review when it arrives

Nuage420 likes this.
  18. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    I had previous versions of Dingwall bags, namely Levy's ones (although different from each other). I use an Access Stage 3 gig bag most of the time. I have a Mono M80 and Mono Vertigo as well.

19. pbass6811

pbass6811 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Indy, IN
    I'm on the same page as @AB Nate, except if I solo a bass, I use my iGiG bag. It's nicer than any other gig bag I've had and it has more storage. Unfortunately, they went under a few years ago, but their gigbags were incredible. I use a MONO double bag, which I like, but only because I waited too long and didn't get an iGiG double bag when they unloading them a few years ago. Bummer.

The Dingwall bags are top notch, not too many folks around here know anything about Dingwall, so they don't recognize the logo, which maybe makes them a wee bit less tempting to steal, but I like no logo...

anton72 likes this.
  20. I transport mine in the Dingwall bag. It works very well and seems to be protective.

I own a Mono Vertigo as well that I use for another bass… I don’t see it as a better option.

Ryno1330 likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 17, 2021