1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Do other Bass forums hate TB?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by NekoTheWolf, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NekoTheWolf

NekoTheWolf

Feb 20, 2013
    I love talkbass, but I do have accounts on a couple other (unnamed) bass forum websites, and most of the people on them seem to have some type of resentment or maybe even jelousy towards TB. They see us as snobby and rude. Why do you think other bass forums see us this way? Don't they realize we're the coolest cats around? 🐌

2. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

There are other bass forums? ;)

3. I've never heard any gripes against TB. I tend to praise TB because it's probably the best run music forum that most should strive to be like. Most guitar forums are abysmal compared to most Talk Bass members.

4. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    It's probably because the chronic buttheads usually get banned here then go elsewhere and talk trash?
    Just a theory

5. Dug2

Dug2 Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2011
    chicago
    often imitated never duplicated.

6. This!--hadn't ventured off to even see.

From the 5-minute wander, kind of surprised myself in not doing that before.

7. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I was going to say the same thing.

It makes sense to me.

8. I used to love The Dude Pit before it kept moving and changing formats every week.

9. NekoTheWolf

NekoTheWolf

Feb 20, 2013
    +1 That was my guess! Lol I love talkbass, I don't see what's so bad about it here.

10. I think people have valid gripes against TB... #1 being the rules. There are simply too many of them. #2 is the ration of crap people take for asking questions that have already been asked before. God forbid they don't use the site's crappy search functionality. --edit-- And click through thousands and thousands of threads to find the answer they're looking for.

11. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I'm a member of a couple other bass forums and the concensus is TB is way too structured for them. Most things are 'on' topic here. I've found a lot of childish behavior and nonsense goes on over 'there'. A bunch of class clowns. Actually doesn't even seem like a bass forum. A ton of 'off' topic stuff. I'm way more involved here.

12. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    TB especially TBOT is one of the best forums anywhere.

13. NekoTheWolf

NekoTheWolf

Feb 20, 2013
    He said not to use the search function! That's practically sacrilegious! Lol 🐌

14. TB is a bass forum?

lowsound

15. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    IBTL

I wonder where they got that impression from.

For the most part TB is a great site and good resource. There are some really good people on this forum.

But stick around long enough and you will realize that TB is not all beer and skittles either.

16. NekoTheWolf

NekoTheWolf

Feb 20, 2013
    http://forum.warwick.de/archive/index.php/t-11799.html

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/704513-Anyone-a-member-of-Talkbass-Forums/page2

http://www.doublebasschat.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-6779.html

Forgot my snail: 🐌

17. halfjackson

halfjackson

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston, MA
    I'll use Google for many of my searches and ad. "talkbass" to the end of whatever I'm trying to look up. That often gets me there more than the Talkbass search function.

18. NekoTheWolf

NekoTheWolf

Feb 20, 2013
    Same here. Lol 🐌

19. NekoTheWolf

NekoTheWolf

Feb 20, 2013
    He does seem like a bit of a jerk. Just needed some sources for people to consider.🐌

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.