1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Do you pop your s/o zits?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MakiSupaStar, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Yes, but only on myself.

67 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. Yes, but only on my s/o.

8 vote(s)
    4.1%
  3. Yes, on whoever will let me.

17 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. Not particularly but sometimes it's necessary.

57 vote(s)
    29.2%
  5. No, never, you disgusting monkey.

27 vote(s)
    13.8%
  6. Only if a carrot comes out.

19 vote(s)
    9.7%
  1. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Am I the only one who gets a great deal of pleasure popping zits? I never really had them growing up but when I get an ingrown hair or the random zit, squeeze the hell out of them and really enjoy seeing, what my son so belovingly calls, "the cheese" come out of it. Occasionally my wife gets a zit and she'll let me pop it. The pleasure is the same. Sometimes they actually burst so hard they make a small popping noise. She's not so stoked on it because it hurts. Am I the only one? Do you pop your significant other's zits?

2. Your a sick puppy ahhh just joking but this is proberly one of those subjects best kept to yourslef

3. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Yeah I thought that. But I think it was passed down from my mom. She would sometimes heat needles and lance em. She got great pleasure out of it. It's weird how we become our parents.

4. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    Ewww!!!

5. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I pop my own zits, don't get many these days though. Never lanced on either, but it sounds like a laugh. I have a friend who gets them pretty bad so I might see if he'll let me lance some of his!

6. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Maki, I am totally on your team, man.

We must unite! As pimple popping patriarchs of painful pleaure!

I used to harass my acne-affected friends, asking why they would let these huge masses of infection just sit on their faces or necks, instead of getting rid of them. I mean come on! Rubbing alcohol, safety pin, pop it, squeeze it, rubbing alcohol the heck outta it, put a dab of Neosporin on, and in two days you're just fine. "Oh I already use medication!" Your medication is a placebo, my friend. They're LYING to you. Your face looks like Pizza the Hutt, but not even Barf would take a bite of you.

One of my friends has terrible scarring on his shoulders and neck. Hideous. He still has them. Chronic acne. Once at a house party, we were all huddled around a friend's computer drunk, watching stuff on Ebaum's World or something, I look over and he's got a small volcano growing out the side of his head. Mind you, he's 6'4" 360 pounds. I look at another friend, wink, grab my car keys, find the screwdriver bit I have attached to my keyring, and with ninja-like stealth, just barely touched that zit. He jumped like a polar bear was coming at him!!! I then got the bruise of a lifetime from him. And it was ALL WORTH IT. Nobody could stop laughing all night, just from that one spontaneous prank. I'd walk into the kitchen to pour another couple shots, everyone would just shout "STAY AWAY FROM MY ZITS! AAARGH!" and elsewhere in the house you'd hear severe cursing from the victim.

Ahh, good times...

7. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    Haha you do know that popping them creates scarring? The few I get these days get smothered by benozyl peroxide and are gone in a few hours.

8. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Well if you've seen the scarring my friend has because he NEVER popped them and let them grow and infect themselves, compared to my complexion or my brother's complexion, it'd change your opinion quite quickly.

9. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
  10. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    Oh... My... God...

I don't even know what to say to that. That's absolutely disgusting... If I had untreatable scarring like that... I don't know what I'd do...

Wow.

11. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    plastic surgery, dude...

12. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    And I have TWO friends afflicted with this severity. One friend's father had it terribly on his face. He was a Post-Korean War vet, and I always thought his facial scars were from an explosion or burning or something. Nope, hereditary severe acne scars.

And to think... as ugly as this affliction is, one's married and the other's got quite the dedicated girlfriend. Beauty's only skin deep, right?

13. I get really bad bacne between my shoulder blades unless it's summer/no shirt/lots of sun, so for 10 months of the year my girlfriend goes to town pretty much daily on my back, she gets sad and bothered if she doesn't, it's like OCD for her.

14. JNowiski

JNowiski

Jan 16, 2006
    Fayetteville/NC
    i've had a zip popped by a tattoo machine. i was getting ready to get some back work and my tattoo guy felt the urge to pop one...it sucked.

15. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    I have popped zits on my middle back by leaning against a door frame, and squeezing against it with the one arm that could reach it. Cuz big zits are friggin' torture. Itchy like nothing else. I'd rather get pepper sprayed than have a zit on my back I can't reach. It's worse than an OCD for me.

16. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    Jeez, the topics you get on OT these days... I only pop my own zits (don't get very many), but there's a certain small satisfaction in it, I must admit. My first wife had a dysfunctional sebaceous follicle on her lower back - like a whitish pucker with a black spot in the middle, and she'd ask me to pop that once a year or so. Tallow bonanza.

17. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Ha- my first wife also had one of those...hers was the size of a silver dollar. When I popped it, I was prepared for it with peroxide and Kleenex and a needle. I got the black dot with the needle, it came out easily. Then I got my thumbs out by the periphery and squeezed, gently at first...

OH, MY GAWD!!!!

What a treasure trove! By going really slowly from the edges, I was able to get "The Snake of Doom" out of her! I swear, it had to be at least six inches long! :eek: I kept going in a little each time, and dug deep underneath the pore from way out there, trying to get it all extracted. It was unreal- like a worm or something! When I finally couldn't get any more out, I took the needle and swept it across the pore, detaching The Snake of Doom, transferring it whole and intact to the Kleenex. She actually got sick and went sprinting for the toilet, where she returned her dinner with a huge technicolor yawn! :D

18. I have no s/o so i basically do my own zits most of the time......doesn't really bother me. As far as whether or not we should pop eachothers i'd probably say this: if it's avoidable, go with it, but if it's some anchor on a place of yourself that you can't reach, i think anyone would appreciate another getting it off. i mean, DAMN those are ugly!

19. Is it good to pop them?

20. only on my self lol ....POP! haha