1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Do you prefer a button fly or zipper fly?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by username n/a, Nov 20, 2010.

1. when they were "new" the word hip meant that part of your body.....zippers have been around a good long time,and the reintroduction of button flies to fashion conscious teens in the seventies was nothing new....

2. Levi Strauss & Co. first gave their famous garment the "501" designation circa 1890

3. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Jim and Luna, didja miss my update on my statement? Sorry for not knowing the past history of button fly, I remember when they were a big deal fad for Levi's though in the 80's....didn't bother to trace back their roots to Billy the Kid and Attilla the Hun. I bow to those older than I who are the caretakers of the button fly legacy and history. My ignorance must be astounding to you. :D

Can we get back to talking about our prowess with one-handing knocker-hammocks, and username's deficiencies with?

4. It wasn't until the 1930's that the zipper started to be used for garments, in children's clothing; there was a big marketing campaign to promote self-reliance in young children by making it possible for them to dress in self-help clothing. Prior to that, zippers were mostly used in boots and tobacco pouches.

5. mid_life_crisis

mid_life_crisis

Jul 8, 2010
    Not going to bother reading this entire patently ridiculous thread.
    There's a good chance someone already pointed this out, but the main reason for not wearing button fly pants is when you are half drunk, in desperate need to relieve some pressure, fumbling with the buttons, while the line of guys behind you start asking if you're playing with yourself in there.

6. i find i am even more proficient at removing my pants when drunk. :oops:

7. it was not my intention to insult,merely inform,and point out that while you may think you are old you are not that old.....my humble apologies

8. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    no no Jim, I was joking around, didja see the smiley? much fun bro!

Honestly, I enjoy the ribbing and info! :bassist:

9. well at least we're still atop the topsoil.....i'll check the morning papers to make sure

10. Which is the best zipper for metal? :D

11. Buttons leave no chance of the "unfortunate accident" that occurs to almost every zipper user at least once in his life, you know, the one where a sound like a chihuahua being Tasered eminates from your vocal chords somehow.

12. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    This is because you haven't had enough practice. When you've only had a couple of opportunities to figure out the tiny little hooks and clasps, and when one of them is your mom, its safe to say that you have absolutely no opinion on the subject at hand. I have gotten to the point where the bras undo themselves for me. All I have to do is look at them. How do you think I got your mom's bra off? :eyebrow:

13. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Mak, you talkin to me or Username? ;)

14. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I do not know what you're talking about. :ninja:

15. EricF

EricF Habitual User