1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dunlop strap locks

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by jazzmonkey, Oct 21, 2010.

1. jazzmonkey

jazzmonkey

Mar 7, 2010
    N.VA
    Greetings bass bretheren,

Correct me if I'm wrong, which I sincerely hope that I am, but you can't buy just the buttons, can you? What a rip! That means you gotta buy the whole shebang just to get the extra sets of buttons you need for your other basses. I really want to use the dunlops, but why can't they just sell the receptacles like the Schallers? Bunk.

Please tell me I'm wrong.

2. 251

Oct 6, 2006
    Metro Boston MA
    All that anxiety & emotion over something that costs about as much as a set of strings?

Get over it. Get on with it. Play some music & get it off your mind.

3. jazzmonkey

jazzmonkey

Mar 7, 2010
    N.VA
    So call me frugal, but I can't justify spending an extra 10 bucks to get a couple extra sets of something to fill up an already full box of misc. instrument parts.

Oh, and thanks for your kind informative response that didn't answer my question.

4. fu22ba55

fu22ba55 Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2009
    To my (limited) knowledge, you cannot buy just the buttons. You need to buy the whole shebang, as you say.

I too have a box full of male dunlop straplocks left over after I equipped a few basses with the buttons.

5. jazzmonkey

jazzmonkey

Mar 7, 2010
    N.VA
    Thanks you two, that's all I needed to hear.

I gotta give it to Dunlop though, very shrewd marketing. Jive turkeys.

6. 251

Oct 6, 2006
    Metro Boston MA
    Well, if all you needed was someone to agree with you ... I'll let others chime in for that.

It seems to me you already know the answer to your question. I just intended to be helpful, if not informative. I guess that isn't easy to see while you are so worked up over the cost of life in the 21st Century. Maybe you'll see my point, in a day or 2?

7. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Yes, Allparts sells just the buttons w/screws for Dunlop straplocks. They're like 6-7 bucks.

8. mikeswals

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    If you have any chrome male sets you wanna sell, I'll take a couple pairs.

9. NWB

NWB

Apr 30, 2008
    Kirkland, WA
    I've got some that I'll give you. Are you ever around Bellevue or Kirkland?

10. mikeswals

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I was just in Kirkland last night picking up some guitar pickups. :crying:

11. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

These Dunlops work....problem solved.

Dunlopstraplock.

12. NWB

NWB

Apr 30, 2008
    Kirkland, WA
    Just send me a PM if you'll be in the area and if I'm around I'll give them to you. I think I have three pairs that I have no use for.

13. fu22ba55

Apr 16, 2009
    And PM me for sure if you can't connect w/ NWB... I've got to go look in "the box" but I always seem to have more males than females.... Wait... what? Did I just say that?

14. jazzmonkey

jazzmonkey

Mar 7, 2010
    N.VA
    Too funny!

15. fu22ba55

Apr 16, 2009
    I'm gonna say those on amazon are not the locking kind. Those look like regular old strap buttons... not what OP's lookin' for I don't think.

16. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    You're wrong. Dunlop does sell the button part (that goes on the body) as single units. I've never seen Schaller parts separately hiwever.

BTW, seems like a lot of angst over a non-issue that coulda been solved with a quick look at Dunlop's website.

John