East Tennessee Talkbass

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Michael Vee, Jan 25, 2011.

1. BrickBatMansion

BrickBatMansion Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2010
    EAST TENNESSEE
    I want a Rick 5 bad. I wonder if they make a left handed one.................

2. I've never seen a lefty one in the 2018-up style. There's a 1999 version lefty on Reverb but the string spacing is tighter on those. Plus, you really would have to win the lottery as they normally fetch upwards of $3K.

3. buzzbass

buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Jersey Transplant in Sevierville here

Jeff Elkins and Michael Vee like this.
  4. buzzbass

buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    I have some pretty tasty stuff you guys might dig too. When & Where ?

5. BrickBatMansion

BrickBatMansion Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2010
    EAST TENNESSEE
    @buzzbass I dont blame you for moving here.

6. buzzbass

buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    It wasn't entirely by choice at 1st, it was more of a financial matter. That being said, I'm liking it very much now that I'm settled in. The pizza down here sucks though, LOL

7. projectapollo

projectapollo Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    Hey there my favorite local artists! Just wanted to pass along that I have listed a rare fender custom shop jazz bass if anyone has interest. No shipping, so looking for a local deal.
    For Sale - Fender Custom Shop Cunetto Relic '60 Jazz from 1996

Does anyone have a spare bass shipping carton I could purchase? Hard to locate from stores.....

Jeff Elkins likes this.
  8. Jeff Elkins

Jeff Elkins Gold Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2007
    Johnson City, TN
    That is a great looking bass. I'm a relic'd fan.

(PSA: The mods will ding you if you don't post your own pictures, even if you call it out. I got a talking-to for posting someone else's video when I hadn't yet uploaded my own pics.)

GLWTS!

Michael Vee and projectapollo like this.
  9. Thanks for sharing your experience, Jeff. I think we all need to tell about when we get called out by mods on Talkbass, so others know more about what they watch for. I got the hammer a couple of times a while back for just voicing an honest opinion on here. Some of the mods appear to have thinner skins than others. I hope it's okay to say that. But yes, details like that are good to share.

10. I have two or three shipping boxes and would give you one but I’m in Morristown.

11. projectapollo

projectapollo Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    Anyone in Knoxville area have a bass shipping carton? Know where I can get one. Every time I've tried at Guitar Center they were no help.

bass10bfb likes this.
  12. Jeff Elkins

Jeff Elkins Gold Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2007
    Johnson City, TN
    I've had the same trouble here in Johnson City. My solution was to buy another bass from TB classifieds so that I could get a box.
    I kid, I kid! When stuck in the same situation with no help from the local Morrell Music I've built boxes from existing cardboard pieces, even Amazon boxes. Lots of overlap, reinforced corners, don't hold back on the tape, and you can create something better than standard. HTH!

projectapollo and JEDI BASS like this.
  13. JEDI BASS

JEDI BASS Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    What Jeff said! I have built many a box from large heavy duty flat pieces I’ve snagged from shipments at work, and large amounts of tape! It takes a lot of time to build a box that’s the right size... length is the usual issue. But, we do what we have to.

14. projectapollo and Jeff Elkins like this.
  15. Jeff Roller

Jeff Roller Jeff Roller Gold Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Maryville, TN
    There are a few independently owned UPS shipping stores you might check with. I've had more luck walking in and handing them something as opposed to asking if they have a pre-made box for sale.

I have a couple of shipping boxes I've been able to convince Mrs. Roller to leave alone (not throw away) on the off chance I might sell something.....

projectapollo and Michael Vee like this.
  16. Like Jeff, I am barely, by persuasion, hanging on to several boxes, but I may be selling several of my 20+ collection this year. Also on the "off chance"!

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    projectapollo and Jeff Roller like this.
  17. Zoomie

Zoomie Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2012
    East Tennessee
    Morning my long lost friends. Seems like it’s been forever since I’ve been on. Spent the last two years on guitar. Dang near killed me. Can’t seem to wash the guitar stench off my hands. ;)

I know this is a long shot but does anyone in the area have an MTD Andrew Gouche 5 I can fondle for a few minutes? I’d just like to feel neck profile before jumping in.

and finally, if anyone is looking, I’ve got a Greenboy Dually T up for grabs. I’m in in-ears full time so straight to FoH for me.

I hope everyone is doing well!

18. Last edited: May 11, 2021
  19. bass10bfb

bass10bfb Prophet Low End Provider Gold Supporting Member

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    I have bought them from FedEx in Sevierville before. About $20 it so I think they were. But they work really good and are plenty big enough. I am not sure if all FedEx places have them, but Sevierville does carry them.

projectapollo likes this.
  20. Zoomie

Zoomie Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2012
    East Tennessee
    42553AF4-A1F1-4F5B-8C27-17E589123C14.jpeg
    yessir. Just crazy busy at church for years on bass. Then I got DEMOTED to guitar. Sid that for a couple of years.

Wife and I at a new church. I’m still going through formal process of joining the team. Thank goodness they have a million guitarists and can use bass help. I have so missed the Ding!

My life until a few months ago.

iamoldschool likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021