East Tennessee Talkbass

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Michael Vee, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Do any ETTB'ers have a Jack Casady bass that you are thinking about selling or trading? I'm looking for one, but they are currently unavailable new online. Epiphone is awaiting the next shipment from you-know-where that starts with a 'C'.

Jeff Roller likes this.
  2. Oh man! Are you actually eating something from each one, or just visiting? :)

funk generator likes this.
  3. When did you get married? Last time we talked you were still in college!

4. funk generator

funk generator Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Johnson City, TN
    the plan is to get something at each. Maybe share a small fry, or get a beverage or something. My siblings did it probably 16 years ago but there were far fewer back then.
    still in college! For the 4th time lol finally working on finishing that bachelors I kept dropping out of.
    I got married about two and a half years ago. We haven’t had a get together in far too long! As things go back to normally we need to change that.

5. C

Congrats on the marriage, FG!

We are definitely going to do a GTG, it already was too long since the last one, even before the pandemoniacon. (I'm running out of variations on the pandemic words. We are all so ready to move on!)

Jeff R., when was that last bigger ETTB GTG? You and Richard and I got together in 2017 when I did the Encore show in Morristown, but when was that last one you did before that, the one I wasn't able to make it to? (Sounds like I need to roll back through the old posts in this thread, but since we are talking about it now..)

iamoldschool and Jeff Roller like this.
  6. Jeff Roller

Jeff Roller Jeff Roller Gold Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Maryville, TN
    Michael, I don't remember the exact date....I want to think it was around 2010 or so?

Did a fill in gig with the original members of Soul Driver + a keyboard. Venue was in Robbins TN (Scott Co.), newly opened Long Branch Saloon. Formerly known as the Dead Zone, which is likely more accurate, haha.

Crowd was a little rowdy, but there were a lot of buddies that showed up and the crowd stayed all night long. Stage is a couple feet off the floor set back in a hole. The hole features mirrors on three walls and the ceiling.

And everyone go ahead and get a laugh at this, the guitarist had to work around a stripper pole in the center of the stage!

So, I'm not going to recommend the place even though it was a good show. Pack in and out was barely okay, you can back up to a sidewalk leading to the door, but your vehicle is parked sharply on a down angle. For me, the drive was too far, I only travel that far for really good friends haha.

Plus the "feel" of the stage and wondering what went on up there over the years made me take two showers when I got home.....

20210418_001610.jpg

7. BrickBatMansion

BrickBatMansion Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2010
    EAST TENNESSEE
    @Jeff Roller

Where did you get your Phil Jones gear? I'm wanting to spend some money!

iamoldschool and Michael Vee like this.
  8. Jeff Roller

Dec 24, 2007
    Maryville, TN
    I ordered directly from Phil Jones!

PM me if you're interested in a rare 16H folded horn cab. I'm in the process of downsizing. 20160625_183052.jpg

9. Good lord, what a setup. Demeter pre, Crown power, and the PJB behemoth! Maryville should buy that stack from Jeff and bronze it, or whatever, and display it as a statue/work of art in downtown.. Monumental bass!!

10. BBM, just curious, which PJB gear have you been looking at?

iamoldschool likes this.
  11. Jeff Roller

Dec 24, 2007
    Maryville, TN
    The big stuff is getting scarce, Phil discontinued most of it. Even the medium combos like the Super Flight Case and matching powered PB 300 has been discontinued.

Which to me is a shame, I know they are heavy, and the race to the bottom to create fly weight bass enclosures seemingly HAS no bottom. NOTHING compares to the massive pants flapping experience that you get from these cabs, even set on idle.

Not to say he wouldn't tool back up and make a big cab as a special request. For example, when I ordered my 16H it was built from the ground up, at that time (and may still be the case) there were less than a dozen in the world.

MAXSPINRUN and iamoldschool like this.
  12. BrickBatMansion

Feb 23, 2010
    EAST TENNESSEE
    Jeff Roller: I want some big stuff like you have.

Jeff Roller likes this.
  13. I checked back, and the first one was 2012 and the second in 2013. The first one was great, very well attended, the second one we had guys with conflicts and had maybe 5, I think I remember. It would be amazing to have a 2021 like that first one! We are way overdue, especially with the pandeminiaconium (!).

14. Would love another GTG. I have some new to me stuff some of you guys might like to try. Rickenbacker 5, Clement Kim 5, Fender Player’s Precision 4, Mesa Walkabout loaded with a Subway 12”, Black n Maple Stingray 5 and a Lava Pearl with Rosewood Stingray 5.

15. BrickBatMansion

Feb 23, 2010
    EAST TENNESSEE
    @iamoldschool won the lottery, eh? How do you like the Rick 5?

iamoldschool likes this.
  16. BrickBatMansion

Feb 23, 2010
    EAST TENNESSEE
    Also I would love to come to another GTG. The one I went to was awesome! Since then I have accumulated way too much stuff myself.

17. Jeff Roller

Dec 24, 2007
    Maryville, TN
    I wish I could host another one at the church, the elders decided to really lock the place down over the past couple of years for security reasons and I no longer have a key to come and go as I please. I'm sure I could arrange it, but it no longer feels like I have free reign there lol.....

18. Jeff Roller

Dec 24, 2007
    Maryville, TN
    If we did it on a weekday, I know a guy who owns a big bar in Rocky Top (formerly known as Lake City). He'd probably be happy to have a big crowd on a slow night.

BrickBatMansion likes this.
  19. No lottery, just got my house paid off and gained a little extra disposable income. Like I tell my wife, it's cheaper than a drug addiction, right?

Really like the Rick 5. In fact, if I didn't have the P5 it would be my number one. The five string Ricks are a different breed. Definitely not a one-trick pony.

JEDI BASS likes this.
  20. I'm sure I could host in Morristown in the fellowship hall of my church but the only two we tried here were not well attended at all.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021