I had an opportunity to study music overseas last year - the program would have started in September, and I was registered and paid up in February. We had started planning for it in November 2019, advertised our house as available for rent starting in June (after having some remodel work done to make it more rentable), stored furniture, started looking at apartments in London... half of the fun was going to be obtaining a 1 year visa to tool around Europe in between classes, and we had all kinds of plans. Another third of the fun was getting to play music with interesting, international creative types. The rest of the "fun" was obtaining a Masters degree, which has nothing to do with the way I earn money but I kind of want the sheepskin. Then COVID. Got my money back and managed to get a one year postponement on my admission to the program. We work from home, and fortunately hadn't made any permanent changes with our client agreements/relationships, so the only tangible fallout from changing plans was that we had sold our freezer and I had to scramble to find a replacement. And spend the time to get our stuff back out of storage. But the program I was looking at is still planning on doing classes via video, and holing up in an apartment in London the size of a postage stamp so I can take classes online, with limited, potentially risky travel besides, doesn't sound like my idea of a good time. So we're not going this fall, either. Kind of depressed about it, but keeping busy with work and a LOT of my own woodshedding and now I'm considering looking at options in the US for the schooling. We'll travel when it's safe. Unless my partner lands in an advanced degree program that she wants to do for 2022, we might just travel for the sake of travel when things settle. MANY countries seem to be really expanding their "digital nomad" visas. Everything we do is digital or via phone. So there's my COVID story. Picked up a nice 5 string tuned E-C (then another) and I'm studying a bunch of Janek Gwizdala's stuff these days.