1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EBS MultiComp mod

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by crguti, Jan 17, 2012.

1. I have had the EBS compressor for some time and it's my always on pedal in my bass pedalboard. Recently I tried it out with my guitar pedalboard and it sounds amazing, but I had to tweak the internal trim pots. That made me think, why don't put the trims outside so I can have an easy access to them...
    scratchchin. so I did it...
    First I opened the pedal and I removed the pcb
    IMG_0330.
    I removed the trim pots by unsoldering from the pcb
    IMG_0331.
    I made 2 holes on the chassis and I decided that this is the best place...
    IMG_0332.
    Since I'll never open the the pedal again, I decide to glue the pots to the chassis. I took care of not touching the metal chassis with the metal legs of the pots.
    IMG_0336.
    Then, I soldered some wires where the pots were and solder them to the new pot's placement.
    IMG_0337.
    My modded EBS is done... not too shabby!
    IMG_0340.

clap, clap, clap 35. .... hero, hero... notworthy.

thank you guys.

2. WhoSeyes

WhoSeyes

Aug 18, 2008
    Barcelona.
    No pics? Didn't happen!

:)

3. ^ no pics? I can see the pics clearly... maybe there is something wrong. I'm gonna put the direct link to the pictures in case you cannot see them.

4. cbrophy

cbrophy

Nov 11, 2009
    Central MA.
    No Pics...would like to see this mod...thanks

5. I don't understand why people cannot see the pictures. I can see them...
    Well, I put the direct link.

6. baskruit

baskruit

Oct 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Maybe you need to be signed in to the seymourduncan forum to see the pics? I can't see them either.

7. what about now? can you see them?

8. xikbastard

xikbastard

May 7, 2007
    Singapore
    need pics ;p

9. damn it... I'll try to figure out what can I do to post the pictures. I don't understand why I can see them but the rest of you guys cannot.

10. NeroJazz

NeroJazz

May 2, 2011
    Denmark
    It's only possible to see the pictures if you're logged in as a member of the SD forum. Try uploading the pictures to photo bucket and direct link from there.

BTW, I sent you a PM. ;)

11. G.Bisson

G.Bisson

Feb 26, 2009
    Virginia
    interested in this too, thought about doing the same thing.

looking forward to working links of your pics.

12. gravesbass

gravesbass Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Endorsing Artist: MesaBoogie-SpectorBass-Dunlop-EMG Pickups-Darkglass-Hipshot
    That is VERY cool. Can I get a better closeup shot of this part of the pics above:
    <Then, I soldered some wires where the pots were and solder them to the new pot's placement>
    I want to do this but cant see exactly where the wires connect. Great MOD idea!

BTW: You have to be logged into the seymourduncan.com forum to see these pics on talkbass. They will show on this link if your logged into the forum. Just create a new forum login.

13. gravesbass

gravesbass Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Endorsing Artist: MesaBoogie-SpectorBass-Dunlop-EMG Pickups-Darkglass-Hipshot
    Here is a shot of the final

14. I don't know how to delete the thread so I just updated the pictures. They're hosted in Photobucket. I hope you're able to see them now.

15. WhoSeyes

WhoSeyes

Aug 18, 2008
    Barcelona.
    WOW, neat job!

16. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    Nice job. Looks great.

17. Dude!

18. testing1two

testing1two Gold Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Southern California
    Super cool...just curious, what made you use trim pots instead of mini-pots with knobs? Was it just a space concern? Also, I know one of the trim pots is for threshold control but what's the other one do?

19. ^ I didn't have time to buy mini-pots of the same resistance value than the mini trim pots.
    There are 2 trim pots because they adjust the threashold of low and high frequencies in multiband mode.

20. Wicked cool mod.