1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Eden D410XLT, now what?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by David A. Davis, May 29, 2018.

Tags:

Refurb?

Poll closed Jun 5, 2018.
  1. Ceramic

24.2%
  2. Neodymium

72.7%
  3. Rat fur

18.2%
  4. Duratex

42.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Do you need the truncated frames to fit your cabinet? If not, I would go with the Deltalites.

2. David A. Davis

David A. Davis Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Summerville, SC
    I haven’t measured yet. It looks like the CA1059 is the big (magnet) brother to the CA10 Speaker Detail | Eminence Speaker which is essentially the same driver as the EC1060XL (OEM) and is a lot cheaper. I’ve never been a big fan of neo’s, so the CA10’s are looking pretty good right now. I’m waiting for a reply to see if these CYBER SPECIAL 4 pack 10 are actually the the as the CA10’s. They sure do look the same. I can get those shipped for about $280.

alaskaleftybass likes this.
  3. Walking

Walking

Apr 5, 2010
    Minnesota
    I wonder how somebody got to the point where it seemed like a good idea to take the drivers out of the cab and use them for something else. As to the box tuning, I am sure that there was some design in place when eden designed the cabs and speakers regarding thiel small parameters and resonant frequency and the like, but much as I like a clean bass tone, I personally would let the chips fall where they may when installing new speakers. Having said that, eminence is likely contractually prohibited from selling their eden specified speakers as such, but I suspect their recommendation is pretty darn close, if not identical, to the eden speakers. Speaker building is not rocket science, and eminence likely has more know-how than any other company anyhoo. So, looks like $130x4 or so away from an eden like 4x10.

4. When you randomly insert replacement tens and get wet fart/ mush /chuffing instead of bass, you learn to pay attention to T/S instead of letting chips fall.

5. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    I dunno. I like chips. :smug:

6. But have you ever gambled on random bass drivers working?

7. alaskaleftybass

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Sorry Mr. @Downunderwonder I was talking about Lays Ruffles BBQ chips with French Onion dip!
    My joke didn't land. :bag:

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You'll be $968 into it if you do it right.

9. buddha Longbone

buddha Longbone

Jul 6, 2009
    Eminence would be the best option for neo - sound good and cost less than anything in their class. It'll cost you about $360 for the four unless you can find some cheaper somewhere.

10. alaskaleftybass

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    That's a cool bass in your Avatar, @buddha Longbone . What is it?

11. David A. Davis

Apr 5, 2008
    Summerville, SC
    :D
    Looks like I’ll be doing it wrong then.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    bobcruz and Munjibunga like this.
  12. Zant

Zant

Jan 1, 2017
    Bro like I said go to reverb and look up Hempopotumess speakers this guy has really good stuff for a great price I loaded my 410 with EV ,s for 200$

13. buddha Longbone

buddha Longbone

Jul 6, 2009
    It is the 'Flora Aurum' by German luthier, Jens Ritter
    Run a search for the most expensive bass in the world - it will probably be the first image. I used it as my Avatar as a joke, thinking someone would notice and say something, you're the first to say anything about it.

alaskaleftybass and S-Bigbottom like this.
  14. David A. Davis

Apr 5, 2008
    Summerville, SC
    I appreciate your help, I checked him out. Didn’t have anything that I could use at the moment.

15. alaskaleftybass

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Yeah, I tried that bass. The frets were sharp and unfinished so I passed on it. Wait! Was that diamonds???? :laugh:

buddha Longbone likes this.
  16. alaskaleftybass

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    You aren't doing anything wrong and I think Zant has a good idea. Like another TB'er said, it's NOT rocket science! The cabinet won't explode if you put in non-Eden speakers!

Good luck with your project, I am rooting for you! :thumbsup:

David A. Davis likes this.
  17. David A. Davis

Apr 5, 2008
    Summerville, SC
    Ok, so I’ve been doing more searching and it looks like I can get the Eminence CA1059-16 for $117 each. This looks like the best non-OEM replacement on the market. They may even be better than OEM. I haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Holding out for an even better deal.

18. David A. Davis

Apr 5, 2008
    Summerville, SC
    Ok, so here's the update. I vacuumed the rat fur and looks to be pretty good. I'll be giving it a beard trim and shampoo later. Order these CYBER SPECIAL 4 pack 10 today. These are essentially Eminence CA-10 16ohm . Also have new removable casters coming as well. All total I'm in for $266. Will update next week with some pictures.

19. Runlikegregg

Runlikegregg

Dec 31, 2011
    Brooklyn
    I saw those. Let us know how they sound! It's a great deal if they are the speakers they purport being!

20. alaskaleftybass

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Keep us posted on your project! Pictures too please!