Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ELECTRO HARMONIX OCTAVE MULTIPLEXER PEDAL

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by coffee-sipper, Aug 20, 2004.

1. coffee-sipper

coffee-sipper

Jul 10, 2003
    Raleigh NC
    Anyone know if some sound samples of this thing with a bass? I can't find one locally to try out. I have been disappointed by most octavers I've tried (boss/digitech) and wonder about this. I really like EHX stuff.

2. nickname

nickname

Jan 22, 2005
    im interested in peoples view on this as well. ive read reviews and they rant and rave that it is the best octaver.

can it do an octave abovE?

3. Alun

Alun

Jun 6, 2004
    Swansea,Wales,UK
    Endorsing Artist - Elixir strings,Markbass amplification
  4. I own an old school octave multiplexer. Cosmetically it looks the same, it doesn't have an AC adapter output though.
    Its a pretty sweet sounding pedal. The octave down sounds very natural. I also have an old Pearl octaver, and the EHX sounds much nicer. I don't have the EHX on my board though, because its about the size of four other stompboxes and needs to be run on battery power. I bought it off this guy who was cleaning out his basement for $5. I thought it was a pretty sweet deal.

Keep in mind, mine is very old, so I don't know how similar or different the newer ones are.

5. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    I just bought one, and have compared it to the Boss OC-2 which sounds wayyyyy to Digital. The octave multiplexer is a great natural sounding Octave Down, which fills out the sound really nicely. Good tracking etc..The only thing I don't like is the size. That IMO is the ONLY thing wrong with it.

6. yes the size is annoying but it is a fine pedal indeed. I compared it to a EBS octave and the EHX sounded nicer. Its very natural. I can get a smooth Phat sound or a really grunty almost overdriven sound out of it. Plus, the SUB switch on it is cool, Flick it up and it adds this strange distortion to the signal.
    OM+Big Muff+Guvnor+V-Wah=insane :bassist:

7. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Yeah I wasn't sure if the Sub Switch was meant to do that or not...Either way, it sounds cool!

And you got the same idea as me hehe, apart from mine goes OM->Boss ODB3->Original Guv'Nor->105Q. And that sounds frickin' sick!

8. i have the GVII not an original :(
    still.. it sounds pretty sweet!
    and doing long slow sweeps on the wah sounds awsome with that little chain!

9. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Hell Yeah...I have the Q not even half way...i'd say about a third of the total it can do, then rock the pedal about two thirds of the way for that awesome bassy but synthy yet distortiony sound you get on CLAB ;)