Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by freshmeat1989, Feb 29, 2004.

Your opinions on ESP

Poll closed Mar 30, 2004.
  1. Heck Yeah!

10 vote(s)
  2. Heck No!

5 vote(s)
  3. Dont know

7 vote(s)
  4. Wanna try one but can't find 'em anywhere

9 vote(s)
  1. What's the deal with them also. If you go to and click on the right side of the ESP logo on the top of the home page, it has a couple lines of basses, but if you click the Gear icon on the home page near the top right, it has whole different lines of basses like the other ones don't exist. Anyway how do you like 'em. I'm goin' to this huge music store in like 2 or 3 weeks to try some different basses out.
  2. Peccavi

Dec 24, 2003
    Jonas, pa
    i have a b305fm and i like it, if you play metal it's an awesome bass but if you play alot of different styles the c305 is a sweet bass.
  3. PJaye

Feb 2, 2004
    I have a Viper 305 (V-305) 5-string bass. I just haven't got used to the 16mm string spacing. My other basses are 18-19mm.
  4. Oliver

Jun 21, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    I used to own a B-305 and now i have a F204.

5. A local music store held a sale a few months ago and I tried out some ESPs there. The C-304 was pretty impressive for the price: well made, good looking instrument with a solid sound. I was tempted, but decided to pass.
  6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    The J4 and J5 are really good basses. I saw a PJ 4 string Jazz bass that was great and would have been mine if it had an extra string.

I don't know about the LTDs, though. They look solid.
  7. I dont own one or plan on owning one(just not my style)...but i have played several and i can honestly say they they are sometimes overlooked when 'I want a new bass' threads start up.
    I found them to be quite comfortable and very versatile and responsive.
    IMO they are a good deal, and i dont think you can go wrong with buying one.
  8. tkarter

Jan 1, 2003
    Very good question. I have owned several ESP guitars and found them all to be top notch just haven't gotten to try one of thier basses yet. Sounds like they are worth checking out when considering a new bass.

9. Had to vote heck no. I owned an LTD guitar...2002 model I think...and had big issues with the quality of the thing. Basically poor finish, rediculously cheap hardware, clear plastic over colored paper inlays and awful pickups. There's better stuff out there for the money.
  10. Im talkin basses. Is Ltd like Squier is with Fender or is it better of what?

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Their is a significant diffrence between their custom shop which i think is the schecter custom shop and the ltd series in regards to price and quality. I find the LTD to be a hit and miss like fenders.
  12. I'm talkin ESP stuff. And like the difference between LTD and ESP
  13. Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    I'd like to know the difference between ESP and Ltd also.

If you're playing metal, a lot of the Ltd's look pretty killer!

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

ESP are mostly hand crafted custom instruments and LTD are a production bass made in korea.
  15. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Honestly, there's nothing I actually like about most ESP's. I love their guitars, but their basses, I can walk away without a second glance. The last one I played had loose pots, but I guess you can blame it on being a floor model at Sam Ash. Long story short, the sound was OK with the EMG's, but I wasn't to thrilled with anything else.
  16. Are the ESP's versatile and can they be used in all styles of music?

17. I find my b-105 to be very versatile. I play mine in the schools concert and pep band, as well as my band (hard rock) and it's good in both situations. :bassist:
  18. Walbassman

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    heck no because I have tried the basses....all I can say is CHEAP!!!! the sound is not good for anything other than some metal. Since I do a variety of things, they don't work outside the metal camp...