1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

favorite Star Trek series

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by powderfinger, May 18, 2011.

1. powderfinger

powderfinger

Feb 24, 2009
    Ok, nerd thread alert...

Was just watching some old Star Trek (The Next Generation) re-runs (duh) on Sc... I mean Sy-Fy the other night. And I am reminded how awesome the show was. I'd say of all the series, TNG would be my favroite (Tv series, the movies sucked, IMO).

Anyone like to chime in?

2. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    1. Original series
    2. Next Gen
    3. Original series cartoon

3. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    TNG is probably my all time favorite, (I do love the original too) DS9 had some pretty in depth stuff with Worf and his Klingon heritage that I found to be really good as well.

I never could stand to watch Voyager....... It was pretty much Gilligan's Island set on board a space craft.

4. Actium

Actium

Jan 15, 2011
    Only seen the original one in it's entirety. The others only bits and pieces so...original one.

5. voyager then TNG

6. EBodious

EBodious

Aug 2, 2006
    Iowa
    i am an original series guy. i was ok with next generation, but that is as far as i went. i still consider TNG to be the "new one." and i liked the movies.

7. TNG or Voyager for me.

8. powderfinger

powderfinger

Feb 24, 2009
    I too enjoyed Voyager ok. I liked the concept of them being *lost* in another quadrant. I also liked 7 of 9 (just to stare at, not so much her character). I did also like the introduction of all the new species and aliens in the Deltra quadrant. However, the characters in Voy. weren't as exciting... kinda bland.

9. Jeff Roller

Jeff Roller Jeff Roller Gold Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Maryville, TN
    I'm one of the four people who enjoyed "Enterprise" the best of all the Star Trek series. I'll never understand why it never found an audience and Battlestar Galactica went on forever and ever.....

10. mcbosler

mcbosler

May 12, 2000
    Plano, TX
    TNG. The rest don't exist. Stop imagining things.

11. Cabazon

Cabazon

Jan 20, 2009
    The Next Generation. I like the original series as well, but not as much.
    I never gave Deep Space 9 a chance beyond an eposide. I considered it a different show with overlapping lore.

Voyager pissed me off.

12. like the alien race that evolved from dinosaurs of earth.. and the hunters that were basicly a predator rip.. lotsa cool stuff going on

especially loved all the borg lore in voyager

13. When I was younger I used to watch TNG every day. Always liked Voyager because it sort of expanded the ST universe. Different races and all that. Plus I was always stoked about anything involving the Borg. Didn't like Deep Space Nine till I was a bit older. As far as ST and action, the whole war with the Dominion was awesome. Never really liked the original. Just started on TNG. All the movies are great (well, I haven't seen the newest one). You don't even have to be a Star Trek nerd to enjoy them.

14. I'm another one of the four, with Enterprise being my favorite. I also enjoy watching the original series and TNG, but for different reasons. We actually had a 'Star Trek' club in Jr. High where we would watch re-runs of the original series once a week during homeroom. The really entertaining part was the 1-900-HOT-SEXX commercials at each break. Imagine a room full of 7th-8th graders and the nerdy science teacher fumbling for the remote to fast forward through the dirty commercials... Good times. :p

15. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    I liked Voyager the best. Getting out of the Alpha quadrant was neat, I like that Janeway was a woman, and I enjoyed the whole Maquis/Starfleet thing, not to mention that I think there was more character growth on that show than any of the others, with the sole exception of DS9, which is my second favorite, especially after season 4, when Worf joined the show.

16. The one with Obi-Wan Kenobi and the Jawas!

17. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    Firefly?

18. just finished watching firefly.. loved it

19. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Never saw the original series, so can't rate them

1) TNG
    2) DS9, some filler episodes/seasons (the last ones, after the Dominion conflict was pretty much over) but the character development was great.
    2) Voyager: the premise was a bit flawed at times (if you wanna get home, stop getting involved in everything you encounter!), but still rated at 2 for Borg content :)
    3) Enterprise: weak characters, the Xinti build up/season was neat though.

I'd say TNG is ahead, the other 3 are close together for me.

And then there's Firefly & Battlestar Galactica (before they went all hocus pocus and stuff) !

20. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Mar 3, 2005
    earth