1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender American Professional Series

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lazarus27, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    Wrong thread

BazzaBass likes this.
  2. Thuddy Waters

Thuddy Waters

Mar 20, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Who makes a better P Bass for $1500?

3. Sean Brookes

Sean Brookes

Apr 28, 2017
    I dream about this colour combo precision on a daily basis. You still rocking it?

StrangerBasses likes this.
  4. midichlorine

midichlorine Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Yep

Sean Brookes likes this.
  5. midichlorine

midichlorine Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2005
    My steady

Sean Brookes and Thuddy Waters like this.
  6. Thuddy Waters

Thuddy Waters

Mar 20, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    That is a really nice tort pick guard. Where did you buy it?

7. AmericanFenderJazzMan

AmericanFenderJazzMan

Jan 24, 2016
    they are on ebay right now for $14.99 "PICKGUARD BROWN TORTOISE SHELL 4 PLY FOR P BASS / PRECISION BASS" I bought two and they fit these basses perfect the seller is sanman8753

StrangerBasses and Thuddy Waters like this.
  8. keto

keto

Mar 3, 2016
    Edmonton
    Today, after trying several different series and models, we had a clear winner. Needed a little truss rod turn when I got home, but intonation was good, as were saddle heights.

Close match for my 08 US P, that’s a great bass, in Pearl.

65765E19-4EB7-491B-A3B6-3A3D1E9BBB52.

9. Nice bass, Keto! I'm a sucker for Olympic White and have the P-Bass cousin of your Jazz.

10. Hi guys..
    Yesterday I pick this for exacly a grand.
    It is almost new,.. but it come with a molded case. I think that it was a little pricey..

11. snakejohns

snakejohns

Jun 21, 2013
    Bothell, WA
    You've got some foreign object stuck in your strings near the first fret. ;)

BazzaBass and Bluzman99 like this.
  12. Hey everyone, I just introduced myself in the place TB says to introduce yourself. I’ve been around since 2004 on TB but until that post, I don’t believe I’ve ever posted anything. I’ve read through this entire thread since it’s inception in 2016 before I ordered my latest bass; an Am Pro P-bass V. I’ve never owned a Fender P-bass before, so this will be new for me. I wanted something simple, iconic and that had more of a vintage sound. I’ve got a Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub 44-64 with a Lindy Fralin pup as a 4 string and that satisfies that passive 4-string itch. I love that bass. Especially the neck. My desert island bass is currently a Modulus Q5 but I’ve grown weary of all the knobs and electronics. I hope the new one will become my “go to.” I wanted something simple. Anyway, I just wanted to join in before my new horse gets in the stable. I’ll post pictures. Well, maybe not because it’s pretty much like every other pic posted! Nothing new to see here! But thanks for helping turn me on to the Am Pro V.

13. D74AF5A5-35D1-4B5B-AB41-2FAA71467025.

14. As promised!!!! I’m beyond thrilled!

15. Gianni "Orlandez" Orlati

Gianni "Orlandez" Orlati Guest

Sep 26, 2015
    I assembled a loaded Am. Pro. P bass body with a 2016 Am. Std. jazz bass neck ...
    Body finish is very good for being polyurethane ... pickups are so sweet ... you can hear mid tones also from a PV 63 pickup but, in this case, the tone have to be quite high ... with the V-mod you start hearing mids clearly at 1/4 or less of the tone control rotation .. clarity, the keyword is clarity and warmth .. what do we want more ? ;)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Hedge7, Aaron Houts and Bluzman99 like this.
  16. Right! So far, I’m loving everything about it. Weight, balance, frets, and I find the stock pickups to be excellent (thanks Bluzman99!). I can’t imagine that’ll I do anything except maybe change the pick guard. This one is not stark white though. It seems to have a slight mint under tone to it. At this point in time (subject to change), I’m not going to do anything but play it!

17. Jamvan

Jamvan The Bassist Formerly Known As Meh Gold Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2014
    Minnesota
    Welp, I did it now. Went in to buy one of the new Player Series P basses (Tidepool w/maple) and while I really liked it and was pleasantly surprised at the quality, feel, and sound of it, I didn't leave with it.

Something spoke to me a little bit louder...
    IMG_2100.

18. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    It was called to you. You should know by now. The bass picks you not the other way around.

Hedge7, Bluzman99, snakejohns and 2 others like this.
  19. Jamvan

Jamvan The Bassist Formerly Known As Meh Gold Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2014
    Minnesota
    Yeah. I kept trying to talk myself out of it but after playing both of them acoustically for a spell, it was all over when I plugged it in. I have a soft spot for oly white/rosewood as well. Not even sure I need tort on this...yet. ;)

Here are a couple pics:

Centerfold shot - I removed the pickup condoms but haven't yet pulled the pickguard plastic off of it. Early morning and artificial lights make it look a little warmer than it is.
    FullSizeRender 236.

Look at those cathedral arches!
    IMG_2106.

Heavily doctored headshot.
    IMG_2102.

As a side note, gonna run with the original rounds for a while but I do have a set of flats waiting in the wings. Even with the fluted tuners, I'm still seeing the break angle for the A string being less than optimal. Will the Stealth String Retainers work on these tuners?

20. Aaron Houts

Aaron Houts

Jan 10, 2014
    Flo Rida
    They do on the 5 string version.
    EB6D4217-A94C-4DE4-9557-9696E2E4D09A.

tombowlus and Jamvan like this.