1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender American Professional Series

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lazarus27, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Lazarus27

Lazarus27

Nov 18, 2016
    North Jersey
    trothwell, tbplayer59 and Pet Sounds like this.
  2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

3. marh415

marh415

Nov 30, 2013
    RI
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  4. TMARK

TMARK

Jan 10, 2012
    Richmond VA
    Sweetwater has them in-stock.

fender68 and bdplaid like this.
  5. Green Lantern

Green Lantern

Nov 3, 2011
    PA
    I will take an Olive Prec V string please.

Limited colors on their new basses as well as not offering maple and rosewood for each color which is disappointing.

The new Stratocaster has a nice pop in tremolo like G&L but I had a skunk line on the back of the neck. Why aren't they using their newer necks like the bass guitars?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  6. phodg

phodg

Feb 9, 2014
    Chicago
    I love the new basses. Means they're trying to get rid of the old ones. Enabled me to get a MIA Precision last week from Zzounds for $926 with free shipping. :)

7. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth

LisaG, ICM, Pet Sounds and 3 others like this.
  8. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth

LisaG, ColdEye, Robert B and 4 others like this.
  9. Slpbass81

Slpbass81

Dec 16, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Endorsing: GHS Strings
    Wow, 8 years later and they are still having artist talk about the himass vintage bridge like it is brand new. I bought my American Jazz back in 2009 for $900 new which is what I honestly think they are worth. I had to shave the back of the neck down to make it as comfortable as a Stingray or Lakland.

At this price range they should at least put the neck from the Geddy Lee USA bass on it without the vintage truss rod adjustment style. That neck feels and looks great. Hopefully they improved the hard case that comes with it. I went through 3 cases over 2 years and then switched to a mono gig bag.

LisaG, chip134, punchclock and 2 others like this.
  10. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    I truly do want to get excited over Fender releasing a new line, but I just can't. At the end of the day, this line is just a marketing update. :(

11. superdick2112

superdick2112 Mile High Bassist Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2010
    The Centennial State
    I dig the Antique Olive finish, but I was really hoping for an Aztec or Shoreline Gold option.
    Both colors are long overdue...

12. Adienn7

Adienn7

Jan 26, 2007
    sonic grey looks great with the maple board

Isotonic, chip134, Shooz and 3 others like this.
  13. aivu

aivu Guest

Feb 26, 2016
    Looks like they're discontinuing the American Standard/Professional passive Dimensions. I wonder how long the elite Dimensions will stick around.

14. Welcome to Canadian DNS routing through Fender. It doesn't handle international links worth a damn.

jmhaslip and DanGouge like this.
  15. Lowness

Lowness Banned

Mar 13, 2015
    Healdsburg, CA
    Whinge whinge................

I had a Lakland and the neck was like a wet piece of paper. Never touching them again.

Ace Of Bass, pdusen, LisaG and 2 others like this.
  16. Lowness

Lowness Banned

Mar 13, 2015
    Healdsburg, CA
    It is good that they are having a revamp, but ultimately I don't feel my 2012 Am Std has fallen too far behind.

All it confirms for me is that the American Standard / Pro is all that is needed.

LisaG likes this.
  17. el_Bajo_Verde

el_Bajo_Verde

May 18, 2016
    USA
    People buy new Fenders? :roflmao:

18. BryanB

BryanB Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

I was hoping for some of the features created when the Dimension was first released such as asymmetric neck, compound radius and a wheel in the heel for adjusting the truss rod tension. Also, they should have included gold evo fret wire or the equivalent. So far SSDD to me.

joebar and el_Bajo_Verde like this.