Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTt4juKEjiiGHBAkOoNwdqAZTonwMnv2SglwwSAH_F98in8vjWzbA.jpg
    I can't handle the pressure.

2. Doing a little recording with the 800 today. A Celtic style tune about whaling in Nantucket. Preset used: Rumble vintage (stock). Flatwound chromes on my p bass under acoustic guitar and cajon.

3. tboomer

tboomer

Nov 10, 2017
    Uh-oh...He's gonna cave! The wallet is coming out!!

4. Andy Nolen

Andy Nolen

Jan 4, 2019
    Thanks!
    £=)

GonePlaid likes this.
  5. MaxC

MaxC

Sep 7, 2018
    Texas
    Soooo will I get a number or does that matter?????

GonePlaid likes this.
  6. MaxC

MaxC

Sep 7, 2018
    Texas
    Thankeeeeee

GonePlaid likes this.
  7. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Nah, I meant "repeat previous measure". "%" is the closest on the keyboard.

EatS1stBassist likes this.
  8. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    A little chuckle for y'all: IMG_0828.jpg

pcake, Aaron Houts, ma02645 and 8 others like this.
  9. tboomer

tboomer

Nov 10, 2017
    That's great! I hope this is ok to post here...I bought a new cover from Sweetwater on e-bag for my new 200 combo pretty good price...

EatS1stBassist and GonePlaid like this.
  10. Hi I am new here, I have 2 rumble 115 cabs, and love them! Have the 500 head that is awesome also, but am using a Ashdown CTM 100 that just kills it!

GonePlaid likes this.
  11. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Lmao!! What a True statement about our world. :thumbsup:

GonePlaid likes this.
  12. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    For those who've asked if there's any video of my NYE gig, there are a few numbers on Facebook(which I don't have-or want [long story])under Jordan Thomas Odyssey. I've not seen them(obviously). CORRECTION. I was able to watch the three videos featuring our singer. Look for the tall gorgeous blonde out in front of the band.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  13. Roger Ammons

Roger Ammons

Apr 3, 2016
    very nice video, ive always wanted to play in a big band like that

GonePlaid likes this.
  14. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Props, man, props! Very tasteful pocket playing there, MR. GonePlaid!! And the Rumble tone was perfect! Alas, you definitely won't suffer from overexposure in the video. Did you ask to be in the back with the drummer, or the BL is that old school? But your booty shakin' bass was quite prominent in my cheapo tablet earbuds. Good on you, Goner! Thanks for sharing.

15. SoulReflection

SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    Very nice, @GonePlaid :thumbsup::thumbsup:. Your bass playing sounded great. The BL must know you well since he stuck you way back in the corner...to keep you away from that singer :wacky:;).

GonePlaid likes this.
  16. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Wow! Really boppin' the bass big time. Rumble 200, right? Killer tone. :cool: Rumble On! :cool:

Pbassmanca and GonePlaid like this.
  17. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    It is as you say.
    Mo' Rumbles Is Mo' Betta! :smug: :laugh:

18. Furutan

Furutan

Sep 5, 2018
    Travel Case for Fender Rumble Combo

After years of hauling gear around town I learned the lesson that as long as you can store case components in the van during a gig, it is well worth having road cases. When taking my gear overseas, this is a no-brainer and with something as heavy as my Montage 7, an ATA road case is necessary, even for local gigs, but for some gear, light-duty budget cases can be a very good investment.

I've played in bands with beat-to-hell gear and with some bands, raggedy-looking gear does not seem out of place, but for me, I like to maintain a professional appearance. There is only so much you can do with a felt marker and a can of spray paint. So I've been using flight cases for many years now.

And then I bought a Rumble Combo. The concepts of "light weight" and "sturdy" are mutually exclusive and I could imagine how easy it would be to trash this amp. My old Marshall 1960 cabs could take anything, with only cosmetic damage, but not this Rumble gear. But I was not willing to spend over $300 for a road case for this thing.

My solution was a Tuffbox case. It's made of 1/4" ply with a half inch of some sort of molded foam, steel corners and edges, strap closure, a folding steel handle on each end, and a pair of wheels. The total cost was $144.99, with a shipping cost of $32.

I went on eBay and saw a listing for a TuffBox case for a Boogie Mk V combo. I messaged the seller (a company), asking if they had one that would fit my Rumble 500 combo. They responded, saying that I could simply order the Boogie case and, in the field for comments, say what I wanted, including the precise measurements. They would then build the case and provide it for the same price as the Boogie case listing.

Not bad. I was not willing to spend half the cost of the amp for a case, but spending a third for something that would do the job, seemed reasonable.

Another solution I have found is Thomann - a huge online retailer based in Germany (thomannmusic.com). They have a case-building division under the "Thon" brand. In addition to a large collection of stock road cases, they also take custom orders. I have three of their cases. One is for my Tascam 32, another is for my M-Audio Axiom controller, (both stock items) and a third is a custom-built case for my Montage. I ordered a "play in the case" version (removable top, shallow bottom) with an extra compartment for pedals. It also has integrated wheels and a custom handle on the back so I could pull or push it like a hand truck. (These cases all use standard flight case components, not cheap stuff.) By the way, if you are nuts enough to want a road case designed to precisely fit one pack of cigarettes, they have that as a stock item.

Including shipping, the cost for the Montage case (including FedEx - as it exceeds the maximum length allowed by their normal international shipping company) was about $440. Note that if it weren't oversize (around 5.5 feet), the item would have qualified for their flat-fee international shipping rate of only $35. (As long as an item is no too large, their shipping cost for everything they sell is only $35.)

My only complaint with Thomm is that they do not laminate the plywood exterior with traditional ABS plastic like my old Anvil cases but with some sort of semigloss plastic material. It really doesn't matter, but I'm used to the old style.

Stock cases come in a standard brownish black but custom cases can be ordered in a range of around a dozen different colors.

When you go to their site, look for the globe in the menu bar and select U.S. for the American English version of the site and $US for currency.

[Photos: a typical Tuffbox combo case]

s-l300-1.jpg s-l300.jpg

BazzaBass, Raymundo49 and GonePlaid like this.
  19. Aaron Houts

Aaron Houts

Jan 10, 2014
    Flo Rida
    I don’t think so...
    9E393B5B-91C8-4FF3-BAD3-D31C901E7175.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    svtb15, BazzaBass, RedVee and 8 others like this.
  20. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    I bet that rig rumbles the rafters! Love the V2 Rumble 350 head. Tone for days.

Pbassmanca, GonePlaid and Aaron Houts like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021