1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Wait. So, taking it through the car wash was a bad idea?:smug:

RumbleMan3 and sissy kathy like this.
  2. Raymundo49

Raymundo49 Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2019
    South West Colorado
    You are a wise man!

GonePlaid likes this.
  3. BBassBassington

BBassBassington

May 6, 2018
    Ontario
    That's really unfortunate about the ear condition, totally makes sense why headphones wouldn't be an option.

As for the stores not letting you bring your own head in that's really weird. I'd simply say "look I'm not buying anything if I can't test it properly first." Hell if they're really worried about a person who obviously uses a separate head and cab connecting a single cable incorrectly they can plug in the single cable themselves.

It can't have anything to do with reliability as most stores still sell Ampegs, and I've seen a few of those sitting on store floors already broken. :roflmao:

Anyway my vote is still for the 115. If your head goes quiet enough now it's always going to. A Rumble 40 is just going to have a different position on the master volume to make the same noise and you'll still not like the sound of your current cab for when you play loud.

pcake and GonePlaid like this.
  4. G-Dog

G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    Maybe someone has swapped the Stage 800 grille for a R500c grille, or vice versa, but I don't recall anyone posting it here. I could have missed it, or forgotten it, though.

I think the sizes are the same so that it would be possible to swap them. However, I haven't found anywhere to buy just a ready-made grille assembly. Fender doesn't sell them, and my Google searches have drawn a blank. Parts are all readily available but, some assembly is required.

I'd like to see pictures of Stage and 200/500 grille swapping, too. So far as I know, though, member @Jeremy Jones is the only grille swapper with his Studio 40 and Rumble 40. Here's a couple of pics with the Studio, with silver grille and black corners, sitting on top of the Rumble, with black grille and chrome corners:

I agree that the Stage 800 is an ultimate do-it-all amp-rig-in-one-box. I too drool for it.

The Fender website sells them. As do the Amazon, Reverb, Parts Express and lots of other websites. Like the variation in the flat Rumble logo badges, there are some variations in the design, size and screwholes of the Fender blackface logo badges.

As Sissy Kathy said, the little nylon tab usually found at the bottom right of your grille is used to pull the grille assembly off it's velcroed holding spots. So, it's very easy to remove and replace.

Sissy Kathy gave some excellent advice on cleaning the exterior of the cabinet. I, for one, don't think you have to worry about cleaning the actual speakers inside the cabinet or under the grille assembly. I could be wrong, but I think that could do more damage than good. (Oops, I just put the vacuum cleaner hose thru the cone of my speaker! What do I do now?)

Sure, Rumman. You know what they say about the only dumb question . . . .

5. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Go, Marlins. And at the rate they've been getting "crowds", they might.

6. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    :confused:

MCF likes this.
  7. G-Dog

G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    Yeah, beautiful, too.
    blondRumble200LE.

MCF and GonePlaid like this.
  8. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    drool

9. G-Dog

G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    Yeah, Pete, you got it right. But don't let the "one cab works harder than the other" cause you any distress. That's just a tactic of the 'TB Anti-Mixed Cab Police'. That's the way the cabs were designed to work. The speakers in the 210 are rated a bit stronger than the ones in the 410, so they can handle the extra power.

GonePlaid likes this.
  10. Me neither. Especially not after seeing that disastrous “Undercover Boss” episode in which their management appeared.

Hartley Peavey appeared, to me, to be sneaky and devious. His son-in-law appeared to me to be a clueless rich boy who lacks industry knowledge and an understanding of production processes.

They’ve lost my business for good.

11. Razman

Razman Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    You know you just set off the alarm, don’t you? I hear them coming now; better hide all the Peavey 1810 cabs quick...

G-Dog and GonePlaid like this.
  12. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Yep! I have a coupla Peavey amps from way b4 the "Undercover Boss" thing. I'll keep them as backups, but I won't buy anything else from them.

MCF likes this.
  13. G-Dog

G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    LOL Yeah, well, this Club is a pretty mixed-cab-rich environment and I don't recall too many police attacks here. Maybe it's been vaccinated!?!

14. BBassBassington

BBassBassington

May 6, 2018
    Ontario
    We're just smart enough to know that it's not the speaker size that throws off matching. Some speakers just work against each other even if they're the same brand. You'll never know what works till you try it.

As pointed out us Rumblers have mixed and matched all the Rumble cabs and combos and learned that if it's a pair of Rumbles they'll work together. (Well at least from the same generation. Has anyone mixed cabs/combos from different generations?)

GonePlaid likes this.
  15. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    Always nice to have a friendly rivalry. Here’s to a good season!

GonePlaid and TheMaartian like this.
  16. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    I was this way until I picked up a very nice 80’s Foundation bass awhile back. Never have liked the amps much though. Or the owner for that matter...

GonePlaid likes this.
  17. TheMaartian

TheMaartian Always forward. Never straight. Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2014
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Agreed. Let's finish 1-2, shall we?

MCF and GonePlaid like this.
  18. Matt23

Matt23

May 26, 2016
    England
    Thank you very much! It is my 1st rumble. I've had everything else popular over recent years, Markbass, Aguilar, Tecamp, Glockenklang, Vanderkley... All really nice stuff. But... I have to say, the Fender is blowing me away. I'm also loving having a combo again. It's not the smallest, but is light enough! Really impressed.

19. G-Dog

G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    Here's a link to a picture of a Rumble V3 500 head with Rumble V2 2x8 cab: Fender Rumble Club

I'm sure there's been many other such mixtures.

GonePlaid likes this.
  20. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Older stuff is OK(pre U B)and I have a V-base mic stand I like a lot. Angles back so I don't need a boom. kxlsbxfsijw6tc9lqs6u.

Thundar likes this.