1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    It does. I agonized for some time over whether to add the second cab. I'm happy I did.

2. Did you play through the R500h and R410 cab at the gig?

Do you already own the Markbass 410?

Aaron Houts and chupacerveza like this.
  3. Hello Kip.

I played through a Fender Rumble 500 head (not combo) and a Fender Rumble 410 cab, not sure which one. The tone was really good. Like, really really good. Very tubey.

And yes, I already own the Markbass 410. Which I also like. But it's not tubey like the Rumble rig I played through.

That sound...is it the head or the cab? Or both?

Thanks!

John

Aaron Houts likes this.
  4. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    What's "need" got to do with it.:smug:

5. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    That may be what I hear when I use the R112 with the R200c. Not(necessarily)louder, but fuller and warmer.

MCF, JPDsma, Aaron Houts and 4 others like this.
  6. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    I’m turning it in next week. I expect to get a free repair if it’s fixable, or a free replacement if it’s not.

MCF, Aaron Houts, GonePlaid and 2 others like this.
  7. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Both

Aaron Houts and GonePlaid like this.
  8. As Gravedigger stated, it’s probably that Fender combination. Those cabs are designed to get the most out of that head. I have a R500 head and a Rumble 410 cab (and a Rumble 115 cab). Both those cabs sound great using the R500 head. And... Rumbles are so affordable (and reliable).

When I was looking for a new rig, I was skeptical about the Rumbles because of their “affordability/price point”. It’s amazing the quality you get for the price! Really satisfied!

As an aside, I’ve read a fair share of posts on TB mentioning that MarkBass amps were underwhelming. Not sure about the cabs, but the Markbass combos were mentioned as such.

I would definitely go with the R500 head and R410 cab. Especially since you have some experience playing through that rig. Good luck and let us know how things turn out.

9. RumbleMan3

RumbleMan3

Apr 14, 2018
    Australia
    Im trying to compare which amp to go for, both similar sound but slightly different, either a markbass little mark 3 or tube, or an aguilar tonehammer: Which has more features, which has more warm punch and clarity, amd which is more cost effective.

As a cheaper alternative, and because rumbles are just all round great amps tone wise, im also considering a rumble v3 head if i can find one. Just curious which out of the two amps mentioned above does the rumble share the most tonal characteristics with? Both the markbass LM and aguilar TH sound really similar out of a lot amps, with a prominent midrange clarity and deep bass, however it seems the TH leans more slightly to the low mids side, and LM leans more slightly to the hi mids and treble side.

Aaron Houts likes this.
  10. tb4sbp

tb4sbp

May 9, 2017
    North East
    Is the R800 head the same as the R500 head with just more power?
    The same pre amp and such?

Aaron Houts and LoveJackBruce like this.
  11. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

It's reasonable to assume that the R500h and the R800HD have the same pre-amp, since the controls are the same and seem to work the same. Surely the 800 would want to take advantage of the success of the 500's tone!

But to say that an 800 watt, 2 ohm stable power amp is the same, but with more power, as a 500 watt, 4 ohm stable power amp is a bit oversimplified, I think. Both amps auto-switch from 8 ohm to 4 ohm operation. But the manual switch of the 800 to 2 ohm operation effectively doubles the speaker capacity, far surpassing the 500 in both power and SPL!

Then there is the 800's long called-for Pre/Post switch for the XLR Out, for different strokes, and there's the addition of Speakon connectors, as recommended for such high power amps. Believe I've read that the 500 watt level is a gray area for Speakon "requirements", with some manufacturers using them there and some not, but seems all 800 watt and above amps "should" have Speakons.

So, yeah, no, they're the same amp in many ways, but the 800 is more than just more power, too! HTH.

MCF, Tad, Aaron Houts and 2 others like this.
  12. J-Bassomatic

J-Bassomatic

Mar 30, 2017
    Canton OH
    Hope it works out. These days I feel good when something even POTENTIALLY goes my way:laugh:

MCF, Aaron Houts, GonePlaid and 5 others like this.
  13. Cardsfan_69

Cardsfan_69 Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Iowa
    I have been leaving my Stage 800 at home and using a Rumble 500h through a cheap Seismic Audio 6x10 cabinet for practice. I didn't want to like it........
    However, it actually kicks butt and sounds very much like a tube amp with the Vintage button engaged and the OD on at very low drive setting.

14. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    What’s «need» but a secondhand emotion? :D

MCF, Tad, Aaron Houts and 6 others like this.
  15. LoveJackBruce

LoveJackBruce

Apr 8, 2018
    Love the Rig!!

16. LoveJackBruce

LoveJackBruce

Apr 8, 2018
    Love the Rig!!

17. LoveJackBruce

LoveJackBruce

Apr 8, 2018
    Love the Rig!!

18. LoveJackBruce

LoveJackBruce

Apr 8, 2018
    For some damn reason, I Do. But I'm the straight guy with the queer eye. Stuff has to line up, like pictures on the wall, or I go Bananas!!!! I'm overly Asemetric.....

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    MCF, JakobT, Aaron Houts and 3 others like this.
  19. LoveJackBruce

LoveJackBruce

Apr 8, 2018
    Sounds logical to me. The points are well made. So, how to we determine if it is so, #1?

20. LoveJackBruce

LoveJackBruce

Apr 8, 2018
    If still had a back and was playing out, I'd "probably" go with the R800h and 2 1-15 cabinets or 2x10 and 1x15. Shoot, I'd bring all 3 cabinets and switch between depending on what was most pleasing for the music being played at the moment. At 67 with physical limitations, give me a 300W RMS 1x15 NEO, 25 lb combo and a Happy Meal.

MCF, JPDsma, Aaron Houts and 4 others like this.